Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2007, 08:34 AM

Default JJ Stud/8

I'm not even sure I should be playing this hand on 3rd, after that I figured I may as well keep betting. How does this mess look?

HORSE - 7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.50/$1.00), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.25 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 5: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (3.60 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (3.30 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (6.30 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___raises
Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___raises___calls
Seat 5: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___folds

River - (12.30 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___bets
Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls

Total pot: (14.30 BB)
Old 04-29-2007, 12:17 PM

Default Re: JJ Stud/8

You're probably best served by folding on third. Jacks suck, and one of them is gone. There a few good low cards out. I wouldn't expect enough people to fold in an online $10/20 game, let alone $.50/1.00.

Fourth and fifth are good. I'm not crazy about the check-raise on sixth. Not that I'm overly worried about a flush, but the bettor could have one or he could make one on the river. Meanwhile, you have two outs to a full house. I'm not looking to put more money into the pot than I have to. You're probably not going to knock the third man off of anything that you actually want him to fold. I'd just bet out and call a raise. Having eliminated the third man, check and call down.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:14 PM

6-handed I might be a little more inclined to play them (I probably still wouldn't though). Your position sucks and there's a dead Jack so I'm definitely folding here every time. I sure don't like the idea of check-raising 6th after Seat one now bets showing a 3rd suited baby. I don't really know what to put Seat 5 on but I don't think making him face 2 bets is going to affect whether he calls or folds anyways.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not looking to put more money into the pot than I have to. You're probably not going to knock the third man off of anything that you actually want him to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does that 3rd man have then? He called my raise with a J up and called 4th after catching a K. IMO his most likely hands are some sort of broaway gutshot or even a pair of Kings. I would like those hands to fold.

These .5/1 guys don't like folding hands for 1 bet, sometimes you need to bput a little more "oomph" into folding them out.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:38 PM

With a dead jack, you must fold third. If it weren't dead, calling or raising is fine.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:16 AM

The gut-shot had a really easy fold on fifth. I wouldn't count on him to fold Kings.