Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2007, 01:50 AM

Default Chicagoland, non holdem game question

Used to be a regular in the gary cardrooms, haven't been there in years now. Are these rooms spreading any non-holdem games right these days? Interested in anything, especially PLO, stud/8. Days of the week they usually run would be great too.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:47 AM

Default Re: Chicagoland, non holdem game question

You couldn't have asked at a better time. Majestic nowadays has a pretty healthy 5-10 HOSE game on Saturday nights and I heard it went last Friday as well. There was 1 table with a 7 deep list at one point. Resorts has 1-5 Stud daily and 2-10 Fri and Sat during the day.

Resorts has 5-10 O8 Saturday and Majestic has 3-6 O8 Sat and maybe other days. I understand Majestic sometimes mixes PLO in with their 5-10 NLHE game and there is an outside shot you can get a 2-5 300 max PLO game, though that only went a couple times last month.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:52 PM

Default Re: Chicagoland, non holdem game question

[ QUOTE ]
Majestic nowadays has a pretty healthy 5-10 HOSE game on Saturday nights and I heard it went last Friday as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can confirm that the $5/$10 HOSE game has been reliable for the last several Saturdays. I played in it Saturday and also heard that it ran Friday. If you're not there when the game starts, it might take a while to get in, since churn is low.