Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2007, 07:50 PM

Default Tough spot, 2 Player all in

Here's the game: $1-$2 No Limit with $300.00 stacks
Here's the situation: 30 in the pot. I'm on the button with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. The board lies Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] five [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. So I have 4 outs to the gutshot and 9 to the flush (13 outs). My opponent under the gun bets 20 (not offering either of us too high implied odds, so I assume he's got a made hand he's trying to protect). My opponent on the right makes it 60. I call. And the guy under the gun immediately pushes all in. The guy to my right calls. So I pause naturally, to think for a second. I'm putting my opponent under the gun on bottom two pair (which he has) and the guy to my right on a set, which actually turns out to be top pair with a disturbingly low kicker (3 off suit) to go with that ass kicking queen of his. So that's 600 USD plus my 70 in the pot.
I wasn't sure what to do. In the end, however, I went in with them and won with a flush on the turn. But I'm still not sure if what I did was the correct thing to do. Do you risk that much on a big draw with no pair when you opponents are offering to triple your stack, or do you fold and live to fight another day. Granted, I was happy I made the call that I did. But if I would have caught nothing, would it have been correct?
Was I correct to call in the first place? Thoughts?
Post Script: I knew both players were weak and impulsive going into the situation, and I probably would have folded if I was up against only one other opponent, all in.

My Best,
Buzzards and Dreadful Crows
Old 04-29-2007, 09:10 PM

Default Re: Tough spot, 2 Player all in

Read the sticky