Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2007, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Neverwin accuses AlexSem of colluding, kinda funny

From a marketing standpoint, it's much more to a site's advantage to say, "Our players don't collude" than "We are great at catching colluders!"

There is constant paranoia surrounding the online poker world. People quietly wonder if the deck is rigged for certain players, if they're up against bots, and if their opponents are cheating. Once the site admits that two players were colluding, it opens up the flood gate of conspiracy theories.

"Oh, so THAT'S why I've run so badly lately! The site has been full of cheaters!"

"Wow, I bet Jon and Joe who I see playing together all the time are also colluders..."

"I bet all the big winners there must be team players..."

etc, etc, etc.

If the site "investigates" collusion and comes back with a clean report on the players in question, the original reporter may just dismiss himself as paranoid and the whole thing will blow over.

The site is smart (for business reasons) to deny all but the most blatant collusion allegations.

With that said, I don't think collusion is a huge problem online, and it seems no worse than at places like Commerce.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:38 AM

Old 04-29-2007, 08:28 PM

druffs post presents my point coherently, accurately and far more respectfully than i was willing to explain to an insulting detractor.

tho it would be entertaining to hear a response, i highly doubt csc will return as most are unwilling (unable really) to admit that another viewpoint has merit and may even be more logical than theirs, esp after taking such an inflammatory tone.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:35 PM

FWIW I don't think I've ever seen AlexSem play HU against anyone. Definitely not 200/400.