Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2007, 10:11 AM

Default Any Foxwoods 2/5 regulars ?

How is this game considering your only playing with a 100bb stack max I normally play the 5/10 but lately at the 2/5 game I have seen people with 1500 even up to 2500 stacks in front of them, this made me think if I wanted to play longer sessions I could profit along the same lines but get less burnt out I can only play 5/10 for 6hrs and stay sharp the whole time and I know this but if I had to be less crafty with my plays I could play longer sessions thus making 2/5 just about as profitable..
Old 04-29-2007, 01:34 PM

Default Re: Any Foxwoods 2/5 regulars ?

I've been playing the 2/5 for the past few weekends. I haven't played the 5/10, but I'd like to hear about it, because I'm thinking about taking a shot. Anyway, I don't think the stacks are too short. You don't really find yourself getting it all in before the river too often if you don't want to.

PFRs are typically $20-35, flop bets are $25-75, and turns are $75-150. So thats usually less than half your 100BB stack before the river. I haven't felt short-stacked in that game really.

Tables are hit or miss, but mostly hit. There are a few regulars that are pretty good, but nobody spectacular. I'm sure if you are beating the 5/10, you could crush basically any 2/5 table. If you get a good table, it can be insanely profitable. I've seen guys walk away with $7K+ from the table.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:33 PM

I just can't play long sessions at 5/10 or I start to get sloppy plus I may need to use some of my roll to buy a house I find the best games are thurs, fri and mon. I don't play on sat so I don't know but it must be good a few of the regulars are decent but it is mostly people with alot of money who really don't care if they win or lose. The play is pretty straight forward there are a few regular donators if you have ever played 5/10 online this game isn't hard to beat I will be playing tommorow morning at around 10am That 2/5 game sounds interesting are their a lot of people stacking off with TPGK? Thanks for your help it is greatly appreciated
Old 04-29-2007, 11:47 PM

Here's a couple examples of people stacking off weak. This isn't necessarily the norm, but it's what I remember from yesterday.

Guy bets $65 on a Q-high flop, gets raised all in for a little more, then reraised all in for a little over $400, and calls with QJ.

Guy 3bets a 932r flop for $300 with TT, then calls the rest of his stack, about $700 more, when the original bettor pushes with KK.

If you push with the best hand after a pot has been built, you will likely get called. I've been paid on my flushes by people with bottom set on the river, and my full houses by flushes.