Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2007, 03:49 PM

Default Re: Ummm...Official 24 Thread--4/23??!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a.)
2.)
d.)

[/ QUOTE ]
Home Alone reference? Awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice catch.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:49 PM

this episode really was so bad. possibly the worst of the season. and i really try to stay positive about my 24... but jesus, that was really bad.

that being said, i'm still gonna keep watching.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this episode really was so bad. possibly the worst of the season. and i really try to stay positive about my 24... but jesus, that was really bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-24-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-25-2007, 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a.)
2.)
d.)

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice catch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Captain Obvious to the rescue there.

And to the haters - that was the worst one yet? there was gunplay! Bauer didn't have a 0 or -1 body count! For gods sake think about some of the appalling crap we've faced over this series AND TELL ME WITH A STRAIGHT FACE this was the worst one. No bloody way.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a.)
2.)
d.)

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice catch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Captain Obvious to the rescue there.

And to the haters - that was the worst one yet? there was gunplay! Bauer didn't have a 0 or -1 body count! For gods sake think about some of the appalling crap we've faced over this series AND TELL ME WITH A STRAIGHT FACE this was the worst one. No bloody way.

[/ QUOTE ]

As for the Capatin Obvious comment, truth is, I didn't really even remember where I got the stupid reference until it was pointed out, so possibly not as obvious as it seems it is in your interest to point out.

Tough to guage folks' motivation, though, so I'll just assume you were being constructive.

As for the episode, it sucked really hard because the writing was especially bad, and the plot line has taken a turn for the inane, facilitated by moronic premises.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:56 PM

Episode was fine to me, but certainly not the best. Next week will be the first week i watch this live in HD, so it should be good.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cheng has no vehicle aside from a stretch limosine to show up at this secret meeting with Jack? Huh?!

[/ QUOTE ]
Obviously, he had 3 Hummer H1s with him also.

[ QUOTE ]
The president just keeled over at midnight, and the press secretary says "No questions--the VP will talk to you at 9AM?" Huh?!

[/ QUOTE ]
The times in the show are Pacific time. What is more absurd is the President having a press conference at 3 am Eastern in the first place.

My peeve:

Jack's "plan" was about the stupidest plan ever made. He expected to just hand the chip over, then blow the building up while the chip is still in the building. But there are so many holes in that plan that it's unbelievable that he's blaming Doyle for the failure. Possible failure scenarios:

1) The Chinese search Jack before the trade is made. They find the detonator and take it from him.

2) The Chinese kill Jack (and Audrey) as soon as they have the chip.

3) The whole premise of Jack's plan is that Audrey survives, even if Chang and Jack don't. But the C4 Jack planted wouldn't have killed anyone outside the building (like the drivers of the 3 Hummers). They would have been free to kill Audrey. The chip fails to go to China, but both Jack and Audrey would be dead.

4) The Chinese could have insisted the exchange take place elsewhere. They show up at the hotel, show Audrey to Jack, then say, "we're going to make the exchange at my warehouse because you may have booby trapped the hotel." If Jack refused, they start cutting off Audrey's body parts until Jack agrees.

5) The whole thing could have been a setup on the part of the Chinese, who never really wanted the chip and only wanted to kill or capture Jack.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:59 PM

I doubt it, but maybe the reason jacks plan was so weak was due to the fact that hes only been out of holding for like 20 hours now, and he still hasnt been to sleep.