Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2007, 06:26 PM

Default AA 200BB deep

I've never seen villian before and have only been here for 3-4 orbits. an orbit or two later his stats popped up as 50/16/2/6 (only 30 hands). On the turn, I checked thinking I'd call any bet. I figured betting let him play perfect with everything that crushes me (sets basically) and would fold out anything that might call a river bet or bluff. I couldnt figure how AK could get to the turn, otherwise i'd've bet. of course, i was pretty unhappy to see the Q on the river.

I've been pretty active, like 25/21 (only 4 orbits tho), and have called down a few hands pretty light (once with A high and lost).

On turn, villian let all his time run down before checking (like all of it, as if he was disconnected), then on river he instashoved.

do anything different here before river? am i a total wuss on the river? looking at it now and thinking about my image and his, i think i might've been temporarily insane to fold here.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $388
BB: $127.40
UTG: $479.40
<font color="black">Hero (MP): $848.50</font>
CO: $835.40
BTN: $455

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $14</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $42</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $144</font>, CO calls $102

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($294) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $184</font>, CO calls $184

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($662) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, CO checks

<font color="black">River:</font> ($662) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets all-in for $507.40</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $507.40 returned to CO

Pot Size: $662 ($3 Rake)
Old 04-29-2007, 06:28 PM

Default Re: AA 200BB deep

I might 4bet a LITTLE more preflop. I like the thought of C/RAI on turn. I do like your river fold, b/c good player doesn't shove AK for value on this riv; JJ and TT are only hands you beat. This is a great fold IMO; I couldn't fold this- in fact I'd probably openshove river myself and throw up when I get shown QQQ.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:54 PM

Without a better read I kinda like the way you played this.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:58 PM

I think you played this fine, although shoving the turn isn't terrible.