FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2007, 01:58 PM

Default [NEW SOFTWARE] SNG Manager (web based) *FREE*

From the Readme:

[ QUOTE ]

Mighty SNG Manager v1 !!!beta!!!

DESCRIPTION
------------------------
SNG Manager is a web-based application intented for keeping track of Sit 'n Go tourney results.
It's not very pretty, somewhat basic and hacked together a bit too quickly, but nevertheless I think it does the job well.

I came up with it because I was looking for something to keep track of my SNG results. The only thing I could find were some Excel sheets circulating around the internet, which isn't to my liking since I hate Excel. So, basically this app is intented for myself, but I'd be glad if anyone else wants to use it.

FEATURES
------------------------
o Supports every Site/Network it's told to support [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
o Supports every Sit 'n Go structure (Buy-In, STT, MTT, turbo, 6-max) it's told to support [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
o Results overview, filtered by Site, Network and Buy-In.
o Calculation of ROI, ITM, $$$ netto and average finish, filtered by Site, Network and Buy-In.
o Detail view, listing all tourney results for every "filter", ordered by date.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
------------------------
o Working Webserver with PHP support. Requires at least PHP version 5.xx!
o Working MySql database. Version shouldn't matter (I think).
o Any modern webbrowser. Looks best with IE though [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

SETUP STEPS
------------------------
o Unzip sngman.zip to some directory inside your webserver's document root. It's just flat files, no directory.
o Run the provided "sngman_create_db.sql" script to create the MySql database sngman uses.
- No special user is created for sngman. You have to take care of that (or not, and just use root or whatever).
- Some priviliged MySql user has to run the script. Something like "mysql -uroot -p < sngman_create_db.sql".
- A database with the name "sngman" is created. Be sure you don't have one of the same name (it would be deleted!).
DANGER: The script just drops any existing database "sngman" prior to (re-)creating it. So never run it again, if you don't want to loose your data.
o Edit "sngman.def". You have to give working database credentials for the db sngman.
o Fire up your favourite browser and navigate to "admin.php". See "USAGE ADMIN".
- SNG Manager comes almost empty. You have to add Poker sites, SNG structures,... before you can start to add actual SNG results.
- Start with adding a network name, then you can add a sites belonging to this network.

If you don't understand anything about these setup steps or the system requirements, sorry, SNG Manager probably isn't for you.
Maybe you know someone to assist you, but it's not me. See DISCLAIMER.

USAGE - ADMIN
------------------------
Let's make it short:
o SNG type: Defines the structure for SNGs to be added. The following fields have to be filled:
- Buy-In, Fee, number of players: Only give amount, no letters, but sth. like 1.50 is allowed of course.
- Players: The number of players for this SNG type.
- Note: Enter anything you like here. Could be "6-max", "LHE turbo" or even "HORSE"...
o Payout structure format: "0.5 0.3 0.2" means 1st place 50%, 2nd 30% and 3rd 20% of the prize pool.
- Two common structures are already included.
o New site: Any string.
o Network: Any string.
- A special empty network is already included and can be used for sites on their own network.

Be aware that once added these cannot be modified or deleted! So be sure you enter correct values.
(You could modify/delete directly in MySql, but watch out if doing so, especially if results had alrady been added.)

USAGE - GENERAL
------------------------
Just point your browser to "sngman.php". Go on from there [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

HINT: To add SNG results just select the appropriate Site - SNG-type combination from the dropdown boxes and input your finishing position(s) into the edit box. Multiple results can be added at the same time (seperated by blanks). For example: "2 9 4" (without the quotes) stands for one 2nd, one 9th and one 4th place.

SNG results can be deleted, one at a time, in the Detail view. The Detail view lists every single result for the selected Site - SNG-type combination and opens when an overview line is clicked.

It's probably best to just play around a bit before entering any real results, especially inside Admin. To start from scratch again, run "sngman_create_db.sql" as described in SETUP STEPS.

DISCLAIMER
------------------------
Use at own risk! Neither do I give support, nor can I guarantee everything works as intented.
Data might get lost, internal integrity might get corrupted, thus rendering the data unusable.
It really should not happen, but who knows. You have been warned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get it here (zip) or here (tbz2) . Note that this is beta software and not thoroughly tested!

Screenshots:

I hope these free-hosting links work. If anyone wants to host it reliably, just go on.

And gl at the tables!
Old 04-29-2007, 04:13 PM

Default Re: [NEW SOFTWARE] SNG Manager (web based) *FREE*

Looks nifty, I'll check it out.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:09 PM

If you're looking for a web-based stat-manager you could check out https://www.checkyourbets.com

Not sure how it compares to your software, just something I used a while back.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks nifty, I'll check it out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you get it to work?