Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2007, 07:04 AM

Default 20/40 live, A6s blind defense

I've only been sitting for maybe 2 rounds. I limped 2 hands which ended up getting bet/folded by a raiser behind me (same guy but not involved in this hand). So my image is probably weak-tight, although I don't know what they think of me. Never played with either. My first time playing these stakes.

Button is playing loose preflop, but seems to play pretty well postflop. Taken down a couple small pots uncontested. He might be a regular in the game, not sure.

SB is definitely a regular in this game. He plays very solid, TAG style.

Folded around, Button raises, SB thinks for a couple seconds and calls, I 3bet A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Button, SB both call.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB checks, I bet, Button raises, SB folds, I call.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I bet (?), SB calls.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (or some blank)
I check, SB checks.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:22 AM

Default Re: 20/40 live, A6s blind defense

I don't love 3-betting A6s OOP against a raise and a call, even if the raise was from the button (especially since you described the sb as a TAG), but it's not terrible or anything. If you're doing it, though, you should absolutely three-bet this flop and lead the turn. If he's still around, a river check is the right move...I can't see him folding anything you beat at this point.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've only been sitting for maybe 2 rounds. I limped 2 hands which ended up getting bet/folded by a raiser behind me (same guy but not involved in this hand). So my image is probably weak-tight, although I don't know what they think of me. Never played with either. My first time playing these stakes.

Button is playing loose preflop, but seems to play pretty well postflop. Taken down a couple small pots uncontested. He might be a regular in the game, not sure.

SB is definitely a regular in this game. He plays very solid, TAG style.

Folded around, Button raises, SB thinks for a couple seconds and calls, I 3bet A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Button, SB both call.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB checks, I bet, Button raises, SB folds, I call.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I bet (?), SB calls.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (or some blank)
I check, SB checks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate the pre-flop 3 bet. You have two opponents who will give you good odds for a draw with your suited hand. The 3-bet destroys the implied odds.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:19 PM

edit your post
Old 04-28-2007, 03:29 PM

I'd just call PF. If you were SB, then 3-betting is good to try and knock out BB, but as it is no one is going to fold so just call and see the flop.

Given your 3-bet, I like the flop, although you should probably 3-bet and lead sometimes to mix it up.

I don't like leading the turn. There's no particular reason that button should be afraid of the Q, and leading with your turned heart draw is pretty transparent. I doubt button folds any better hand to your turn bet and you open yourself up to having to call a raise.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:14 AM

call preflop, check/call the turn.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:34 AM

I would call pf, C/R flop if SB folds and lead the turn. C/R turn if SB called on the flop and folded on the turn. If I C/R turn I will have to bet/fold the river.

That flop propably has missed the Button and if he is a solid player he has a wide range of hands to raise the flop with. I really dislike the turn donkbet. You should either C/C or C/R if you want to try and muscle the villain out. River would be C/F if the previous action was like this. Button has no reads from you so he propably will play cautiously against you and with that turn donkbet he propably puts you on a pair of sevens or better. So he would propably bet the river only with a decent hand.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:12 AM

Default line in this situation is call preflop, Czechraise flop, bet turn.

At first look, your turn donkbet is useless except as a value bet vs the likes of T9 and K-high. But on 2nd thought, it freezes those hands from trying to steal.

After pf/flop action, as played, you might consider c/r turn and bet river to fold out a better A-high hand. (If it checks through, fine, you get a freebie) I don't reckon any pair is folding.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

At first look, your turn donkbet is useless except as a value bet vs the likes of T9 and K-high. But on 2nd thought, it freezes those hands from trying to steal.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's got 18 outs!! Why would he be worried about a steal?