Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2007, 06:19 PM

Default Cbet vs loose players OOP?

This is the most struggling part for me:

Say I raise 88 loose guy calls. He calls Cbet like 65% of the time. And raises about 15% of the time.

It will be very hard to play hands like PP 1010-66 vs guys like that. Or any worse hand then AJs.

Here is couple hands I played raise 1010 flop A35 bet he calls turn J check/fold

Raise KQs flop again AKx bet he calls rag then I double barrel turn he calls river blank check he makes smallish bet like 1/5 of the pot I call A8s.

Raise AKs he calls flop 583 I bet he calls 6 i check he bets I fold.

Raise 1010 again flop 543 I bet he calls turn 3 I bet he mini raises I call turn 8 i check he bets 1/2 pot I call he has A2s.

Get 77 i raise same guy 3 bets huge I fold.

Get AK raise flop KQJ flush draw I bet he calls. at this point I didnt wanted to bet most likely hand is 2 pair + he has lots of outs if he has 10x of course 10x more likely then 2 pair.

I dont want to build a huge pot with such a scary board with AK

So i check he checks behind. turn Q he bets small I call turns over Q10.

Get 66 raise another guy 3 bets huge fold.

In all these hands lost about 3/4 full buy in and have no clue how can i play differently these hands.

It's easy to play when they fold most of your CB but what to do when basically guy calls CB 60% and raises Cbet about 15% of the time

Raise just premium hands?

What if there are 2 guys like that and they have position on me?

If I bet only when i get something good on the flop that will be only <20% of the time so 4 times he will take down the pot from me if I don't CB and most likely when I get something good he will call my CB less %<
Old 04-28-2007, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Cbet vs loose players OOP?

Give up on coordinated boards that just completely whiffed your hand and are likely to have hit his range. For example lets say I have AsKs against a pretty loose player...

5d6d7x= might give up
682 rainbow= bet
JhQh4h= give up

Every c/b you make should accomplish something.
1.) Information
2.) Value
3.) Semi-Bluff

Against loose players its hard so you have to value bet the hell out of him. Gl in future.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:55 AM

Sounds like your playing a LAG style so that might attribute to some loose calls by your opponents. Perhaps you might try mixing up your play a little. Limp in with some of your hands instead. Don't always c-bet. Likely they're floating you since your always c-betting. Again mix up your play. Check when you miss and check when you hit (obviously depended on the situation). That way when you check they're not sure if you miss and when you do c-bet they might give you credit for a hand.

Lastly your letting a little variance frustrate you. From the hands that you posted, it doesn't look like they are bluffing you (ie the hands you called on the river they actually had a hand) so you can safely fold. Even though you have the best hand pre-flop, they're hitting...sometimes you have to chalk that up to a cold deck.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:10 PM

all hands standard