Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2007, 08:43 PM

Default Re: SNG Book Announcement:

[ QUOTE ]
chapters on "Psychology and Tilt Avoidance

[/ QUOTE ]

These chapters will not be in the book.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 04-28-2007, 08:46 PM

If you go back to my original post in the thread, my main point of contention is that nobody with significant experience in the online sng world is involved in the writing/editing of the book. Collin is obviously a smart guy and an excellent writer. Nobody is denying that. It's just that Mason and David, presumably the final word when it comes to content editing, likely have next to zero experience in online sngs.

The reason I care is that 2+2, both the literature and the forum, has made me a significant amount of money and greatly accelerated my development as a player. If it were a Ken Warren book, I wouldn't care one bit, even though I would be SURE it would be a terrible book. Mason is very fortunate to enjoy the byproducts of this forum, namely the sense of community and a tremendous amount of brand loyalty. Not taking advantage of this would be a huge error in this case. If Mason wanted to get 5 big sng winners over the past few years to review concepts in the manuscript, I have no doubt there would be a line of people from this forum willing to do that, at very little to zero cost.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How many manuscripts does Mason receive that he thinks are not worthy of the 2+2 name for publication?

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot.

[ QUOTE ]
Also kind of curious what percentage of them that he thinks are not entirely terrible but still aren't worth being published by 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very few. They're usually one way or the other.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure Mason turns down a lot of stuff.
So when he says that something has really impressed him from out of the blue like Collin's manuscript has then I'm pretty sure it surprises him somewhat because of all the total crap he usually receives.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very accurate statement.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 04-28-2007, 11:54 PM

Default Re: Book Announcement

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sin ’n Go’s

[/ QUOTE ]

cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, noticed that too.
Froidian slip...

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have thought you were being ironic, but I can't think of anything that your misspelling is supposed to suggest.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:55 PM

Wow, actually has "3 places paid" in the title, that's pretty cool. Makes it sound like a scholarly dissertation. Even if it eventually gets dropped, I applaud the guy for the attempt.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi nuts:

It just so happens that I'm the one who gets to make the decisions that decides how these words are spelled. So it will be:

singular: sit 'n go
plural: sit 'n go's

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. How apropo's.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sin ’n Go’s

[/ QUOTE ]

cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, noticed that too.
Froidian slip...

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have thought you were being ironic, but I can't think of anything that your misspelling is supposed to suggest.

[/ QUOTE ]
Cool. Froid.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really want to get behind this book. Collin has proven he's a a quality writer, a smart guy, and a solid poker analyst. The only missing piece of the puzzle is his experience. He doesn't have to have made a million dollars to be experienced, but chapters on "Psychology and Tilt Avoidance" relating specifically to SNGs have to be written by someone who has played more than 500 tournaments while running hot through all of them. Also, much of the experience a player would have gained two years ago playing the old Party 215's isn't relevant now. What does the switch from 10-hand levels to timed levels do to your push/fold thresholds? Can you figure it out?

[/ QUOTE ]

What does it matter to anybody else if you are "behind the book" or not?

Don't buy it if you don't want to.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:22 PM

i think he's saying he wants to be officially involved.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I really want to get behind this book. Collin has proven he's a a quality writer, a smart guy, and a solid poker analyst. The only missing piece of the puzzle is his experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does it matter to anybody else if you are "behind the book" or not?

Don't buy it if you don't want to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, my word might mean something to someone. 2+2 is a good community and I want to see the book they put out that's about my specialty be a good one. I will never buy more than one copy, but if I start telling people interested in learning SNGs to go get in line at the bookstore awaiting it's release, more people will buy it.

Why is my asking about the author's experience in the subject of his book being taken as an attack by people who aren't him? I think it's a valid question, and I'm hoping that when he has time he can answer it. It's a good idea to collect as much of the relevant information as possible before making a judgment.