Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2007, 07:24 AM

Default 10/20 Two Way, Borgata Trip Report, LOL edition

I took a couple of days off from work this past week and snuck down to Borgata for some poker on Tuesday evening at around 6. Surprisingly, the table was full and had 6 or 7 names on the list. I also didn't recognize anyone.

Long story short, the cards didn't cooperate much, and I was -$60 covering three sessions (-$120 in stud8). Losing 3 bets to the cast of characters at that game over 25 hours should be grounds for banishment from this forum, but the entertainment from the showdown hands make it all worthwhile.

Tuesday, 10 hours.
# of times dealt A2: 2.
Results:
1. Quartered 3-handed;
2. folded on flop when ace hit the flop.
Somehow this game lasted til 5am. Not only did I not recognize anyone, but the average age at the table was under 45. There was one young guy, about 25, who was very friendly but nevertheless time-wasting ass clown. He was decent enough, but he took his time on every street, checking and rechecking his hole cards, making comments about what he thought about the hand, and starting conversations with people not in the hand while he was. At least half the time, he took a good 20-30 seconds on every street(yes, I counted). Given how slow the game already runs, it's just incredibly aggravating for him to do this. Note to all NL players: please don't waste people's time when there's no reason to do so in this game. We got in maybe 10 hands a down.

Wednesday, 6 hours
# of times dealt A2: 2.
Results:
1. folded once on the flop with high cards;
2. peeled once on flop of K94 with A223 on the button in a 6-way raised pot with a backdoor spade draw. 3 on the turn, 5 on the river completing the heart draw. BB Bets, CO calls, I raise, SB calls two cold, BB makes an agonizing call, CO calls. BB wins with Q-hi flush, CO flashes J-hi flush, SB shows the old 76 for low. Er? Note to self: don't fish for overcalls when you can fish for cold calls.

There were a few more regulars in this game, but still no sign of Burt. There was a relatively young man in seat 10 who was very likely a LHE player considering he pushed his one way non-nut draws to the max and used the free card play a little too frequently. I have no idea how he managed to be up a rack let alone not go broke, but when he left for dinner, I went to my room to lie down and cry gently into my pillow. On a side note, the beds and comforters at the B are really the best I've slept on in any hotel.

Thursday, 9 hours.
# of times dealt A2: 4.
1. AA29r in the BB in a 9 way pot, only because seat 7 went for lunch. I thought about raising, but chickened out, and thanked my lucky stars when the flop came 8 low.
2. A2T9ds limped in MP. Chopped with K968 after a HU pot on the turn when my opponent made two pair on turn.
3. A2JJ limped in EP 6 ways. C/F on KKT suited board.
4. A2QJ with the Q suited. LMP in a kill pot with the dead blind in MP. Decent regular UTG raises, dead blind calls an additional 15, and I have a semi close decision. If there were ever a chance to clear the field, this would be it. I just have to hope raiser has either AAwheel or A2, but not both AND the blinds aren't that stupid considering I've not raised PF once this session. Valor gets the better part of discretion this one time and I three bet. Blinds fold (yay!), UTG calls (okay, he doesn't have both), awful kill poster calls with what I can only assume is random garbage. Flop is 587, BB checks, MP checks, I bet, both call. Turn is a 3 giving me a wheel and flush draw. Check, check, I bet, both call. River is an A. Sweet! I have top pair now! Check, check, check. UTG has AA5x, MP has 3568, and my live deuce is good. Thank god for the 3 on the turn right?

Highlight hand of the day where Burt has no idea what's in store for him, part 1.
5 ways. QJ7 flop, Burt bets out of the BB, 3 call. Turn comes a 4, Burt bets, a semi-regular idiot named Phil calls. River a 4 for QJ744 with running 4's. Phil bets, Burt is about to make a literally crying call, but folds QJ7x. Phil flips up A48J for runner-runner. I enjoy a good silent laugh for approximately 15 seconds.

Highlight hand of the day where Burt has no idea what's in store for him, part 2.
4 or 5 ways. AKQr on the flop. Burt bets, 3 players calls. 4 players to the turn and it's now AKQ7 with 2 diamonds. Someone bets, Phil calls, Burt raises, one fold, one + Phil call. River is 9d completing the flush. Checked around, Burt flips up AAJT, Phil scoops with a 63 flush. It should be noted that Phil did have a gutshot on the flop, though it was only to king high. Burt blows a gasket and throws his cards pretty good, and an ace hits shirt sleeve and bounces into my lap. He's about to apologize, but I just shake my head in a way that says it's not necessary. Then I enjoy a good laugh out loud with the rest of the table for at least 30 seconds. God I love this game and players like Phil.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:51 AM

Default Re: 10/20 Two Way, Borgata Trip Report, LOL edition

Thursday:
Hand 1: I know the low didnt cooperate with you and you dont have good position but 9-handed I think throwing in the bet has to be +EV with how many people are in the hand and going to call the bet.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Losing 3 bets to the cast of characters at that game over 25 hours should be grounds for banishment from this forum

[/ QUOTE ] Im not sure what it takes to get banished from this forum, but I dont think that would cut it.

Maybe if you talk bad about Ray Zee Felecia would ban you. Or maybe if you accused her of cheating.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also didn't recognize anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]
fyi, there was at least three of us playing in tuesdays game, probably at the same time.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:01 PM

Great trip report.
What was the wait time to get into the game (If any).
Old 04-29-2007, 02:54 AM

Scott, I was sitting in seat 5 (i think) for most of Tuesday. Give me a shout next time.

NJ, I waited about 1.5 hours and got into the game at around 7pm or so.

Z, yeah I just wussed out.