Old 04-27-2007, 01:49 PM
xx44 xx44 is offline

Default P Stars \"temporarily\" not sending checks to NY

This sux. They claim that the processor is "temporarily" suspending sending checks to NY, and that they should have a new one on board within the month. Anybody outside of NY receive an email regarding this?

Not a good thing.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:10 PM
nineinchal nineinchal is offline

Location: Brooklyn
Default Re: P Stars \"temporarily\" not sending checks to NY

MEGA DITTO's

From: support@pokerstars.com

To:
xxxxxxxx

Subject: New York Players - Recent Cheque Request
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 12:54 PM

Dear player,

I am very sorry to have to inform you that our cheque processors have just
recently temporarily suspended issuing cheques for residents of the state of New
York. It is envisaged that this restriction will apply for about a month.

I am afraid this has meant that the processing of your recent cheque request has
been delayed, but please rest assured your funds are absolutely safe.

We apologise profusely for this inconvenience. We had hoped to immediately
switch to a replacement provider. Unfortunately, this has taken slightly longer
than we had hoped, but is now expected to take place early next week when your
cheque will be processed immediately.

I will write to you again then to confirm when your cheque is sent for
processing. In the meantime, once again, please accept our apologies and thank
you for your understanding in this matter.

All the very best,

Nigel
Payment Services Manager
Old 04-27-2007, 09:40 PM
xx44 xx44 is offline

I wonder if this is isolated only to NY. From the email it sounds like their processesor is cutting them off.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:37 AM
SgtJake SgtJake is offline

I'm in NY and I got the same e-mail. How can this be? They have a check processor specifically for NY state???
Old 04-28-2007, 10:40 AM
SgtJake SgtJake is offline

Why would a check processor "temporarily suspend issuing checks to the state of NY"? Related to UIGEA?
Old 04-28-2007, 01:26 PM
1fog 1fog is offline

I got the email as well. I have a bad feeling that none of the US processors are going to want to do business with a companies that are in a grey area. Well its not even grey. I would think that their counsel (the processors)are advising them to end any further transactions. This was eventually going to happen, I just wish it wasnt so soon.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:00 PM
SkillaySkill SkillaySkill is offline

Location: Not FPSing

I also got that e-mail. I am worried :/
Old 04-28-2007, 02:04 PM
NoahSD NoahSD is offline

This is bad.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:06 PM
Lucky Lucky is offline

Is this happening in any other states, wisconsin for example?

Also, curious about the whole check processing/cashing problem as I'd thought the only thing against new regs involved banks sending money to sites, not receivng money back into country. Nobody would be insane enough to prevent money from coming into this country would they?
Old 04-28-2007, 02:47 PM
blaazer blaazer is offline
Junior Member

Why New York only so far? Well it's the attorney general, he's the only one that has really taken a consistently strong stance against gambling, actually taking action for it being illegal in New York. Remember the old paypal issue back in the day? Also the funds from neteller were taken by the New York attorny general. I said it before and I'll say it again, the 270 days for banks to adjust to the new law is almost here. Things are just going to get more and more difficult, delayed checks are just the start. It's no coincidence that basically all poker sites have delayed checks. Processors are scared s###less to be associated with any gambling site. I love how Bodog is still telling me it was due to march madness. Just say the processor is having a hard time getting banks to accept checks stop lying it makes you guys look like neteller. The whole situation is continually to get sketchier and sketchier across the board.