Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2007, 01:36 AM

Default Softball BBV: Week 2

This week's matchup put us up against the downiest team in our league. WILL GOOFYBALLER PREVAIL?! Fun details and girl drama follows:

AB #1: All good streaks must come to an end. After going 4-4 and hitting for the cycle in our first game, their pitcher got an 0-2 count on me after I took a couple of strikes that were too high to swing at. On the 0-2 pitch he got fancy and threw the ball way up in the air; it wasn't even close and hit me on the elbow as it came down (I'm not moving out of the way for no punk ass softball). The other team's catcher, this petite girl that threw the ball straight up in the air half the time because her release point was behind her head, was like "YOU DON'T EVEN CARE IF THE BALL HITS YOU? I flinch every time the pitch comes at me!" It was cute. The 1-2 pitch was meh-ish but I couldn't risk taking a strike, so I was forced to go after it and popped one up in the infield. Awful. I don't hit leadoff for our team so I can pop up some weak [censored]. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

AB #2: You guys may remember the story of "Jenna" from last week, a girl that didn't really play softball but somehow managed to go 4-4 while being dazzlingly sexy in the process. Anyhow, she's the last batter again meaning that she's up right before me, and she manages to hit a ground ball that the shortstop misplays, extending her streak to 5 hits in a row! She's incredible. Vowing to make amends for my previous mistake, I got up and just crushed the [censored] out of a line drive to left center. I doubt it got more than 15 feet off the ground but I hit it so [censored] hard that it got past the outfield in a hurry, giving me an easy grand slam. Jenna once again remarks about how fast I am and chides me for almost passing her on the basepaths for the 2nd week in a row. WHY DO YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND?!

AB #3: Jenna AGAIN manages to get a hit, extending her streak to 6 straight at-bats. This girl is incredible. It's funny because all of the power of her hits comes from the fact that she's practically running forward when she hits the ball and just takes a weird tomahawk hack at the ball, but it seems to work because this was a solid line drive between the shortstop and third base. I follow it up with a hard ground ball up the middle for a double.

AB #4: Jenna's hitting streak finally comes to an end when she grounds out to second base. It was amazing while it lasted. I smash a hard ground ball into center field and do my standard stretch-it-into-a-double act; the center fielder actually got the ball in pretty quickly, and the ball got to the second baseman before I was at the bag, but his tag was way off and I was easily able to stick my foot in while he whiffed me with his glove going for my chest. Sadly, there is only one umpire and he starts every at-bat behind home plate, so he had a crappy view of the play and didn't seem to care for my mad tag-dodging skills and called me out. WTF? This seriously irked me, because in five years of playing IM softball I can count the number of times I've been thrown out getting greedy on the basepaths on one hand, and most of those were stupid BS calls like this one. I have a reputation to maintain, [censored]!

AB #5: Now that we're up by more than 20 and we know this is the last inning we're hitting (brag: was only the 5th inning but we'd spent so much time at the plate that the 90 min time limit was almost up), so instead of going for my standard "hit line drives to right field and run like hell" line, I decide to try to rip one. The pitcher gives me a meatball low and in, and I turn on it and rip it into left field; I didn't quite get all of it, but I just hit it hard enough to get it over the left fielder's head for a home run. I guess two in one day isn't bad.

So, final score 27-0, good guys win, etc etc. I also made a little bit of progress in talking with this super hawt girl on my team that I'm starting to have a bit of a crush on...but looks-wise she's def out of my league so I doubt even goofyballer's amazing charms can make this happen. However, the real beat of the game...

...is that I just looked at Jenna's Facebook profile again for some reason and noticed that the guy she's in a relationship with at Chico is actually...a girl. GOOD READING COMPREHENSION GOOFYBALLER! So yes, it appears she actually is on the market, and I completely blew a million chances to get out of the kiddie pool and make some moves at our game last night because I thought she had a boyfriend. And the [censored] part is that given she's only really been subbing for girls that have been flaking on us, there's a good chance she won't be back next week. God, I'm a moron.

Week 2: 4-5, 2HR, 2B, 6RBI, 4R
Season: 8-9 (.889), 3HR, 3B, 2 2B, BB, 9R, 11RBI
Old 04-27-2007, 01:45 AM

Default Re: Softball BBV: Week 2

goofyballer,

I hope to get off to half the start that you do this softball season. I'm in two leagues, 3 games a week. I won't be hitting HRs, but if I could start off the rest of your stats...I would be thrilled.

PS. Make a move. Duh.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:36 PM

in my first game of the season yesterday, i led off and managed to lead my team to a... 37-4 victory (but you're only allowed to score 7 runs an inning, else we'd have way more).

i went 4-6 with 5 RBI and 3 runs, but I failed to hit for the cycle [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. I tried though, after my game-opening triple and subsequent double, but I got greedy going for the homer and flew out to deep right twice. so it goes.

also, get the girl ready go! you have like afinity ways to approach it, but the best is probably "hey do you want to go throw around a softball and then have some dirty animal sex?"
Old 04-27-2007, 04:40 PM

Send her a facebook message dork.

Also, nice no mercy on the weak with the score.

--GA
Old 04-27-2007, 04:58 PM

"YOU DON'T EVEN CARE IF THE BALL HITS YOU? I flinch every time the pitch comes at me!"

This girl obvious wants you to pee in her butt.

Good trip report.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:06 PM

Please include your slugging percentage with your future stats. It is much more important in softball than batting average, plus the number will be very impressive.

Thanks.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:07 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

u sure girl isnt a les beaus?
Old 04-27-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
u sure girl isnt a les beaus?

[/ QUOTE ]

Word. I remember when I was on break at work one day, two girls chatting, and one goes 'So, I play softball in a league with a bunch of girls, and I just realized 7/10 of them are lesbians.' Hmm.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please include your slugging percentage with your future stats. It is much more important in softball than batting average, plus the number will be very impressive.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Total bases / ABs right?

(3*4 + 1*3 + 2*2 + 2*1) / 9 = 2.333

BALLIN

GA: I'll analyze the situation for a few days before deciding to ship her a message and then being too scared to click "send."
Old 04-27-2007, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
being too scared to click "send."

[/ QUOTE ]

ghey.

man up she obv wants it. im jealous that your IM games are 90 minutes cuz ours are only 50. also ghey.