Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 02:24 AM

Default Re: List of eWallets for Canadians

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry to clutter this thread with questions, but I just want to be clear:

I'm Canadian. I can go open a Moneybookers account, and use it to transfer money from compatible poker sites -> Moneybookers -> Party Poker, without fees?

Should my Moneybookers account be in USD like the poker sites ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and yes. In these aspects, it is just like Neteller was.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:49 AM

Bobo, thanks a lot for the info. I'll go ahead and open a C2P account, order the card and see what happens. Sounds a lot like the Neteller card, just cheaper to use (not that difficult as Neteller was charging 3,8% + $2 of all withdrawals). [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think he was suggesting wiring the money from MB to a US $ account, then wiring the money from your US $ account to a currency exchange at a later date.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is almost correct. I was suggesting opening a USD account, withdrawing by bank transfer or cheque direct from the site to the account, then wiring the money to a currency exchange at a later date. It's not as attractive an option as site -> MB -> Party -> Party EFT but it gets around the MB transaction limits for high stakes players. And likely the most you would lose on the exchange at a currency exchange is 1%, better than Neteller's old rate.

The other advantage to doing this for high stakes players with a bit of bankroll wiggle room, as I like to call it, is the ability to play the market. Keep the money in USD in the account until the exchange rate is good (or at least better than it is now), then wire it to the exchange.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:31 PM

Is it possible to load money into Moneybookers from Party if the Party was deposited using EFT? I don't have a credit card, and and EFT seems like the only way for me to get money onto the net (don't want to eat the wire xfer fee for small deposits). I'm wondering if I can deposit to Party using EFT, play a few hundred hands, withdraw to MB, and use MB money to deposit to other sites of my choice.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:34 PM

Likely no. Usually you have to deposit first via a given method before you can use it for withdrawing.

If funding an ewallet is a problem check out Poker Savvy they offer MB $ that can be used for initial funding and then with a mini-deposit to Party (or wherever) you're good to go.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it possible to load money into Moneybookers from Party if the Party was deposited using EFT? I don't have a credit card, and and EFT seems like the only way for me to get money onto the net (don't want to eat the wire xfer fee for small deposits). I'm wondering if I can deposit to Party using EFT, play a few hundred hands, withdraw to MB, and use MB money to deposit to other sites of my choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I checked the PartyCashier and you can only withdraw to moneybookers if you have deposited with moneybookers first.

Gamebookers, Eurobet, and Pokerheaven all allowed me to withdraw to mb without making a deposit first.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:51 PM

While I was looking around the PartyCashier I noticed that Click2Pay was available as a banking method for some countries. Specifically: Brazil, Poland, Switzerland, and the UK.

It would be sweet if Party let Canadians use Click2Pay; no need to fret over the Euro-denominated cheques and C2P Debit card bs for cashouts.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I withdrew from Stars yesterday to Moneybookers. The 10 dollars that I used for the first deposit hit the account instantly. I'm still waiting for the rest. In their email they told me they will send to my Moneybookers account as long as I make a deposit first. I will post once I receive the full amount to confirm.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rest of the money hit my Moneybookers account this morning. Only weird thing was that when I went to deposit to Party it only allowed me to deposit US$500 at a time. I was able to do it twice in a row so not sure if there is a daily limit. I never had anything like this with Neteller at Party so not sure what is going on here.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:20 PM

Thanks pontuan and nima. One more question: if I manage to make a deposit to Party using MB as well as EFT, will I forever have both as a withdrawal option? Or can you only withdraw using the last method you deposited with?
Old 04-28-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have a credit card, and and EFT seems like the only way for me to get money onto the net (don't want to eat the wire xfer fee for small deposits).

[/ QUOTE ]

It might still be worth setting up a Moneybookers account. You only have to do the wire transfer once, then you can at least move some money around once it's established. Plus, you can always cash money out via Party EFT later if you want to. The Pokersavvy bonuses for Moneybookers are also generous, but they require you to have a Moneybookers account already established.
Closed Thread