Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2007, 04:58 PM

Default Daily Double: Stars 5/10 hands: do I bet the river?

No good reads, though the BB in #2 seems decent.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (6.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero ??

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (10 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero ??
Old 04-27-2007, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Daily Double: Stars 5/10 hands: do I bet the river?

First hand, I don't 3bet the flop, although the free card play worked. In fact the flop is close to a fold. River, no chance I bet here, check it through.

Hand 2, check the river through. If he calls you lose almost every time. I'm actually not sure what he could have here besides maybe KQ, QQ??
Old 04-27-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First hand, I don't 3bet the flop, although the free card play worked. In fact the flop is close to a fold. River, no chance I bet here, check it through.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like how OP played hand 1 so far. I think folding is insane, actually.

river is pretty close. the sexiest outcome is you bet, SB calls with a ten, and BB gets squeezed and can't overcall with his crappy king. that is a pretty hot scenario, not sure it will work though.

hand 2 might be close to a flop call - I dunno. hard to say without knowing what SB's range is here. usually he only has 3 overs to you (if you have him beat) and I'm not sure putting an extra bet in with the worst of it is worth folding a 3 outer. actually if you happen to be ahead he has something less than a 3 outer because BB's outs overlap. so yeah calling the flop might be good.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like how OP played hand 1 so far. I think folding is insane, actually.

[/ QUOTE ]
I just don't think our equity is as great as it may seem. Our draw is 6-8 outs, and maybe a couple pair outs. Figure 8-10 outs with some possible reverse implied odds vs flush draws, sets, and times we hit a Q or J and still lose. We do have implied odds from the times we safely hit our straight, so reverse implied plus implied likely neutralize each other here.
In that case we simply check if we have enough immediate odds to continue, getting 4.5-to-1 and 9 outs on average it is slightly profitable to continue (+.1 BB before rake). At 4-to-1 pot odds it is a slight loser. And if we only have 8 outs it is also a slight loser.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:58 PM

hand 1: check river. your hand looks a lot like a flush draw so K hands are unlikely to bet, but will always call. I'm pretty sure someone has a K given the flop action.

hand 2: I think a river check is best. you've overrepresented your hand here big time, I can see villain having a better hand than you a lot. I like this line if you check the river behind because you protect your hand from a SBs 3-6 outer on the flop and you get to SD .5BB cheaper.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:33 PM

Check both.

Hand 1 you're just praying that they both have a low pair.. If so they're probaibly not calling a bet on this card.
They could easily be going for a C/R and hit a flush draw, or got scared from your action with a weak king. No one folds top pair, so don't put that into your equation :P

Hand 2:
You said BB was solid, so his range was probabily pretty tight to begin with after he 3-bet you.
His donk bet signals to me likely 88-QQ, which you are only beating one of.

He could be playing strange and did this with a K, or AQ of hearts... which your beating only AQ, but it likely wont call a bet.

Basically you are hoping either for 88 or an overagro PF raise from a weak hand.. Certaitnly not enough reason to bet.