Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2007, 09:21 AM

Default What would you do?

I was at MGM recently playing 4-8. I am sitting in seat 8. Three times in less than an hour, I raise preflop and bet the flop. On the turn, I get checkraised by seat 1, and seat 3 makes it 3 bets. Both seemed to be average players, maybe a bit loose, but not idiots. I had been playing good cards, first time called on a OESD, second time had the nut flush and capped. Third time I had KK, and the board had come Q27-7.

What should I do?

1. Put on my tinfoil hat because the aliens are obiviously out to get me and I'm paranoid?

2. Cap it because I'm ahead?

3. Fold my kings, then quietly get up and ask the floor to monitor the situation?

4. Use the IWTSTH b/c this is actually a spot it was meant for?

Part of me says 4-8 is too low for there to be collusion going on, part of me says something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Thanks for your replies,

Doc
Old 04-27-2007, 09:37 AM

Default Re: What would you do?

I think you're in tinfoil territory.

Were they doing this consistently or did you only take note when you were in the hand?

If it did get heads up between them did they slow down or were they still aggressive? Did they go to showdowns?
Old 04-27-2007, 09:42 AM

I folded, she called the 3 bet. River went check check. Seat 1 shows Trip 7's, seat 3 mucks.

I had seen them get aggressive with me and one other guy at the table. I thought the other guy was probably the best player at the table, so I was wondering if they were targeting people they had seen make some turn folds.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I folded, she called the 3 bet. River went check check. Seat 1 shows Trip 7's, seat 3 mucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that's a little passive considering the turn, but no so out of line with seat 3 on a Q and seat 1 with a weak kicker