Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2007, 03:48 PM

Default Re: why does our community make cheating acceptable

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If 22 and 23 are old, does me being 31 make me geriatric?

[/ QUOTE ]
No doubt - (30 here) - For some reason Jur seemed much older than that...is 23 the new 40 in terms of emotional maturity?

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely not - my friends aren't emotionally mature at all. I think it can largely be attributed to how we lead our lives. Poker players are self-sufficient, learn to deal with stress, etc. This is certainly not true of ALL poker players, but I think a lot of the older young'uns have matured a lot faster than others because of what we put up with on a day to day basis. We learn to overcome so much because of poker. Actually I would almost argue playing a lot (and as a primary source of income) or gambling of any kind (I spent a long time betting sports before coming back to poker after NETeller) can almost emotionally numb you as I feel sometimes. I think that may have a lot more to do with sports though, because I still feel really happy when I win a tournament but that feeling really isn't there with sports ever.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No doubt - (30 here) - For some reason Jur seemed much older than that...is 23 the new 40 in terms of emotional maturity?

[/ QUOTE ]

It sure as hell is on 2p2
Old 04-26-2007, 04:49 PM

I don't think there's any evidence that zj won any money cheating, is there?
Old 04-26-2007, 04:54 PM

is this thread about cheating?

BTW, your 30...did you know elvis??
Old 04-26-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is this thread about cheating?

BTW, your 30...did you know elvis??

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? I am Elvis...
Old 04-26-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely not - my friends aren't emotionally mature at all. I think it can largely be attributed to how we lead our lives. Poker players are self-sufficient, learn to deal with stress, etc. This is certainly not true of ALL poker players, but I think a lot of the older young'uns have matured a lot faster than others because of what we put up with on a day to day basis. We learn to overcome so much because of poker. Actually I would almost argue playing a lot (and as a primary source of income) or gambling of any kind (I spent a long time betting sports before coming back to poker after NETeller) can almost emotionally numb you as I feel sometimes. I think that may have a lot more to do with sports though, because I still feel really happy when I win a tournament but that feeling really isn't there with sports ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

To Jurollo, Yes, geriatric and overrated.

More importantly, since when did emotionally numb become a state of mind worth achieving?
Old 04-26-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To Jurollo, Yes, geriatric and overrated.

More importantly, since when did emotionally numb become a state of mind worth achieving?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say it was... Just that it can be a further product of gambling so much everyday
Old 04-26-2007, 06:00 PM

I cheat my 10 year old nephew at Monopoly, dumb kid keeps letting me be the bank.

Oh, and I'll take the electric chair. That lethal injection [censored] is for pussies.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why does our community make totally messed up sentences with millions of commas and no periods nor capital letters except when people want to SHOUT that need to be parsed using very expensive software and are completely unreadable by people for whom English is not native language acceptable?

[/ QUOTE ]

See posts in this thread about HW and GPAs for the answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think GPA is an indicator of intelligence you are highly mistaken. If our school system wasn't so f-ed up (the REAL reason people suck at grammar, spelling, life, etc.) maybe we would've cared about school. But alas, it's over now (almost, for me) and nothing can be done.

I've actually come to the conclusion that the government intentionally leaves our education system in complete disarray so they can continue to breed mindless mules that buy into the corporate philosophies in America and don't question things too much. See, if people actually thought for themselves, our country would be heading in an entirely different direction - one that our government doesn't want. How can they continue to reap all the benefits if people start realizing how f-ed over they are?

[/ QUOTE ]
This is almost as stupid as the OP.
GPA is not a perfect indicator of intelligence, but there is some correlation between GPA and intelligence.
Most people are stupid the government doesn't need to create some massive education conspiracy to keep the population under control.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:38 PM

Some correlation, yes. Just like SAT's arent even close to a good indicator. No one measuring stick will ever be able to truly map intelligence. Tests just measure one form, that which schools have been told to use. GPA is more of indicator of motivation and work ethic then anything else.