Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2007, 05:15 PM

Default Re: NL400: Deep with AK on drawy flop

I called without much thought and got shown 44. That made me wonder if his range makes a call profitable.

I agree that just calling the reraise is the best play, and the Ad is a notable bonus when continuing the hand that way. The 3-bet was a kneejerk response to the aggression I was facing, but I can see that it doesn't accomplish anything good.

Thanks for the responses, as always.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow i hate ur 3 bet

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-26-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is MP with K, A

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Flop: ($38) 4, T, K

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
CO calls $718.50 (All-In)

[/ QUOTE ]
next action should be "beats him into the pot"

seriously though, this is a tough spot, and obviously is not a snap call. esp. with the Ad. in fact, its probably a muck. is AA a fold? I am not sure. you def call w/ KT, though.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm always baffled when someone 3 bets a street and then makes a post about what to do when villain shoves.

[/ QUOTE ]
in general i totally agree with you, but there are so many times (for me) i 3bet and do not plan for villain to shove, mainly because i dont expect it. then i need to think, but the 3bet in isolation seems so right.

this hand does show, too, how good sets are. well, that much is pretty well known. but seriously, i [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] sets.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:39 PM

Yea i definitely think he has an FD if he instaraises or like J9dd or somethin, so i snapcall this shove. What's good is ur equity in this hand goes up decent b/c you have a diamond and an A in ur hand, which helps u vs all draws. I sorta like this ~minraise on flop. I would probably flatcall this and c/rai on a safe turn. If turn draw hits, then you can c/f. But this is ok
Old 04-26-2007, 08:42 PM

BTW, set doesn't normally instaraise this flop, which is y I assumed it wuz something like combo draw. Calling here and sticking it in on safe turn is standard. Take a note on this timing tell that when he instaraises this flop that it's not a draw but a made hand. His range is more draws than sets/two pair. His range is JQ, jxdd, qxdd, QJdd, KT, and 44. 2/3 his range is draws which on average r 3:2 underogs vs u, and the other two have u drawing thin. This is def +EV to call and stick it in on safe turn. You can't put him on TTT or KKK btw b/c he didn't reraise preflop.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea i definitely think he has an FD if he instaraises or like J9dd or somethin, so i snapcall this shove. What's good is ur equity in this hand goes up decent b/c you have a diamond and an A in ur hand, which helps u vs all draws. I sorta like this ~minraise on flop. I would probably flatcall this and c/rai on a safe turn. If turn draw hits, then you can c/f. But this is ok

[/ QUOTE ]
no,the Ad kills alot of equity. we would be so much better off without it. -> its not close, either