Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2007, 02:48 PM

Default Re: $60: AJ vs min reraise

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, why does the preflop call necessitate that hero continue with the hand? There are good reasons to continue with the hand, but just because you called preflop isn't one of them IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're calling preflop, you need to know what kind of flop you're looking for. Obviously flopping two pair or a straight is best case scenario, but those are so unlikely that you can't call the reraise if you're only going to continue on those flops. So, the next best flop (and far more likely) is flopping an Ace, but if you're not going to put any more chips in the pot when you flop an ace, then you might as well save yourself some chips and just fold to the reraise preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that we should continue. I'm talking more in general. If you make a mistake preflop it doesn't mean that you have to continue the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if we did in fact make a poor call pf, the fact is there is over 900 in the pot and we have top pair. If we're assuming villain's reraising range to be TT+,AK, then folding on this flop with all that money in the middle would just be criminal.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:25 PM

Right, which means that the fact that we continue has nothing to do with the preflop call.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:23 PM

well, id fold pree since ur not that deep into the tournament, altho now that u call the pf rraise u cinda need to call down, i might stick it all inn here on the flopp since ur probably gonna get it all in to the river anyways..