Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2007, 03:07 PM

Default Top two vs turn shove

Villain is solid and a little on the LAG side, playing 29/22/3 over 98. I've been pretty much running him over and making a lot of hands. I've stacked him twice on another table. He doesn't strike me as the type to tilt easy although I could be wrong.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($204.45)
SB ($359.95)
BB ($239.30)
UTG ($816.90)
MP ($256.65)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $6.

Flop: ($17) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $36</font>, Hero calls $26.

Turn: ($89) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $195.3 (All-In)</font>, Hero ???

Also, what do people think about 3-betting the flop?
Old 04-26-2007, 03:12 PM

Default Re: Top two vs turn shove

Given history I really don't think a call is bad here. I think he will try to milk a flush way more than he is doing with this line. I think he has air a lot of the time, quite often a naked Ah.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:15 PM

If he dont strike you as easy tiltable and he lets you run him over as well... than this screams flush to me. I fold. Maybe a 4. I dont know but he must have better to not worry about another heart and king coming. Maybe im wrong. I FOLD
Old 04-26-2007, 03:21 PM

This is what I would call a crazy bet. One of those bets that just makes no sense... boom... guy shoves. I think I fold here. I'm not comfortable making a big call with only two pair here, trips, flush, and even a boat is possible.

Just a crazy bet, if he has air.. good for him. Fold.

my opinion.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:01 PM

Can I get some more input on this?
Old 04-26-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given history I really don't think a call is bad here. I think he will try to milk a flush way more than he is doing with this line. I think he has air a lot of the time, quite often a naked Ah.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno about that. I think if we call, we're often calling to chop.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno about that. I think if we call, we're often calling to chop.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? You think he has exactly KQ? How could his range ever be so narrow?
Old 04-26-2007, 06:23 PM

I almost always turbomuck during the hand, but this should surely be a call looking at his range here
Old 04-26-2007, 06:59 PM

This is probably incorrect, but I usually check the flop and call/bet the turn. You're giving a free card to the flush draw, but you're not going to fold out a FD anyway and once they call, suddenly you're in a big pot and you don't know where you stand. Any other hand is only going to have 2 or 3 outs. You can induce a bluff this way, as well as get out cheap vs. a 4 who will think you whiffed and try to get only small value on the turn/river.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is probably incorrect, but I usually check the flop and call/bet the turn. You're giving a free card to the flush draw, but you're not going to fold out a FD anyway and once they call, suddenly you're in a big pot and you don't know where you stand. Any other hand is only going to have 2 or 3 outs. You can induce a bluff this way, as well as get out cheap vs. a 4 who will think you whiffed and try to get only small value on the turn/river.

[/ QUOTE ]

This line is a reasonable way to change things up. I wouldn't make a habit of it though.

Given OPs line, this would be a bizarre way for Villain to play a 4 or a FD. I'd call pretty fast and expect to see air, AQ, another KQ, or a donked-up AA often enough.