Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2007, 12:20 PM

Default Re: Things to say that induce folding.

[ QUOTE ]
I did this once in a tournament.

I was all-in. And this guy was really thinking bout calling. I had a 2 overcards and a open enden straight draw, but I did not want him to call. He was still thinking about it. And then I heard him say: I'm thinking bout calling. And I was like: You calling? Grapped my cards and wanted to turn them over. And when he saw how fast I wanted to turn my cards, he folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Something I've seen that shows extreme strength that is a variant of this is wearing an Ipod - maybe have the music off. Once he says anything remotely close to call say "did he say call?" really excited and look towards him gripping your cards. Everytime this happens preflop or post said player has a huge hand.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:26 PM

Default Re: Things to say that induce folding.

In my experience, (I play live alot) a donkey/calling station WILL NOT fold EVER if they have any piece of the board. That makes the game profitable. But for a player who is able to find the fold button, I wouldn't necessarily talk to him but laugh & joke with the dealer or the other players. Let him see how at ease you are with your nut hand!!!

Also (non-verbal tip), when I c-bet after missing the flop, I always make sure I grab enough chips for a pot sized bet & sometimes make it obvious that I'm counting the pot. I want them to know I intend to bet but if I see somebody out of the corner of my eye stacking out a call/raise, then I just bet the minimum since my hand would be out there already. Most live players aren't gonna wait for you to complete your betting before they begin to act. Saves chips in the long run...