Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2007, 12:20 PM

Default Flopped top set.. misplayed... let me know ur thoughts

Heys guys.. just got on the site and my first post.. Sorry if Im not describing the action like everyone else.. ILL catch on. Let me know your thoughts on this.

Playing 2/5 NL in Omaha NE. 600 behind me. I'm FTA Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Raise to 25. SB 500 Behind calls. BB 450 Behind calls. FLOP Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] SB leads out betting 50 BB Calls I call. Turn:2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] SB bets 50 BB calls I call River:2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] SB bets 50 BB raise to 100 I call SB calls Of course had 10 2. SB shows KK

I was inexperienced at the time. I understand now I should have reraised the flop bigtime. I made an amatuer mistake. Hell, i was an amatuer at the time. Although, I sometimes want to blame the SB for not reraising preflop and eliminating the BB. I now understand i should have reraised the flop, would have driven BB out and isolated SB. Please let me know what anyone thinks regarding this hand.

Oh, and again, just got on the site yesterday think I got a lot of info to gain from here.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:24 PM

Default Re: Flopped top set.. misplayed... let me know ur thoughts

I don't think many people are going to fault you for slow playing that flop. Rainbow, top set, and KK certainly never gave you any indication preflop that he had KK. Certainly if KK plays his fand face up, you push the flop and are excited when he calls. But given the preflop action, I don't hate calling the flop THAT much. Now when the turn comes, no matter what you want to do, trip 2's is calling you. So you were destined to take a bad beat here. Not much more to it. Now if KK had reraised preflop, yes, you could go to town on that flop, you love it.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:27 PM

Default Re: Flopped top set.. misplayed... let me know ur thoughts

Yea, I put the BB on a A2 on the turn. and was hoping he would hit his ace on the river. During the hand i was thinking only hand I didnt want to see on the river was a duce.. and sure enough 2. Knew i was beat.. had to call