Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2007, 08:42 PM

Default Re: Aces with position, 200 BB deep, and significant background

I think folding is the best solution here but just because your still around 200bb deep.
Even after you rr he still have some good implied odd to call with some lower pp and he might have hit a set on the flop.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:03 PM

I'm going all the way here, also if i'm reading this correcntly you raised WAY too small prf
Old 04-25-2007, 09:08 PM

I agree with you, this is a pretty interesting hand. I am still up in the air about it...I wish you would have called so I could see it!!!!

vnh though.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:24 PM

Interesting hand indeed.

I dont give Villain enough credit here to be shoving the turn (in order to represent weakness). If he is then he is better than we suspect.

I obv. dont know villain but since he's a multitabling TAG, I think he's just shoving with 99-QQ sorta range.

He's afraid of overcards coming and you repopped him on the flop so he's putting you on AK/AQ and some medium sized pair.

You took so long to call on the flop, maybe he senses you were trying to peel and Ace/King/Queen there.

Yes we are deep so that kind of pushes me towards folding and finding a better spot. But all signs point to calling here.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:38 AM

Man I see this turn push as him reading me for what I have and having a boat that thinks I won't fold. Why does anybody see this as a bluff? I just don't see a lot of guys at 50's putting 2 stacks in with a bluff and 1 card to come. People generally suck at hand reading and when they do get a "read" they tend to play to it passively. How far off is my thinking, if it is? FWIW although I let my timer tick down all the way, I was probably never calling.

Also how the [censored] to I get rakeback if I already have an account established? I'm old and retarded and don't have the time to look into it any further than random questions.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:47 AM

Beat him into the pot.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Man I see this turn push as him reading me for what I have and having a boat that thinks I won't fold. Why does anybody see this as a bluff? I just don't see a lot of guys at 50's putting 2 stacks in with a bluff and 1 card to come. People generally suck at hand reading and when they do get a "read" they tend to play to it passively. How far off is my thinking, if it is? FWIW although I let my timer tick down all the way, I was probably never calling.

Also how the [censored] to I get rakeback if I already have an account established? I'm old and retarded and don't have the time to look into it any further than random questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

He can get your money in almost any way if you have exactly AA. But he probably thinks you can fold KK or worse in this spot. Further, he is not good and can be overplaying some random mid pair here. People make all kinds of dumb moves in big pots. You pretty much have the nuts here, so I'm calling.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:53 AM

And fwiw, that previous hand is NOT significant background. I don't understand why you would put much weight on that hand, it is just set over set in a big pot.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And fwiw, that previous hand is NOT significant background. I don't understand why you would put much weight on that hand, it is just set over set in a big pot.

[/ QUOTE ]I know what you're saying but if he's a typical uncreative 50's guy, he may not have any other "set in a raised pot" play in his bank.