Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: TURN:
Check 3 11.54%
Bet 23 88.46%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 02:58 AM

Default Re: As the mod, if I want that [censored] to be long, it\'s gonna be lo

[ QUOTE ]
i mean, i'm not being a jealous guy (love the jl song) by bringing this thing up with her, am i?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends how you bring it up...There's the "Were you at your, [censored] ex-bf's this weekend!!??" douchebag route, or the "Hey I just thought I saw your car at your ex-bf's this weekend, and it's just been making me a little uncomfortable. You weren't there were you?" sane guy route.

I've always maintained that it's okay to be a little jealous, as long as it remains something that the 2 of you can talk about in a civil manner, and you don't start going to unfair lengths to investigate (like reading her personal e-mails, checking her call history, etc). Now in some relationships it may come to this, but by that point you will have already tried all the talking and basically be ready for the relationship to be over...you'll just maybe want some peace of mind before you pull the plug.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:38 AM

Should I consider taking up Yo-Yoing as the more pure skill based hobby?

Cause this has me thinking... NO!
Old 04-26-2007, 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What kind of car?

[/ QUOTE ]

pathfinder.

[ QUOTE ]
I hope you snuck in a 'if you want to practice your oral, just let me know.'

[/ QUOTE ]

this is actually a big issue. she's not very good at that...

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should Talk 2 Big Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

That thread is:

a) SOOO not fair.
b) probably the best oot thread ever.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What kind of car?

[/ QUOTE ]

pathfinder.

[ QUOTE ]
I hope you snuck in a 'if you want to practice your oral, just let me know.'

[/ QUOTE ]

this is actually a big issue. she's not very good at that...

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should Talk 2 Big Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

If I could ever steal someone's luckbox, I know which one I'd take.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:37 AM

How to win at poker:

1. Bluff.
2. Get called.
3. Profit.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:46 AM

wtf this girl is crazy. i am leaning more towards a lame joke on her part and i'm not going to worry about it until later. i'll casually bring it up at dinner to avoid being lame and insecure.

[ QUOTE ]

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2007 8:59 AM
To: me
Subject: RE:

Hey-
Just wanted to send thoughts of encouragement on that paper. I spent 4 total hours in the library between the afternoon and the evening... It was pretty bad. I am done with class at 3:45 so whenever after that works for me...

Take care-
XXXXX

BTW- Ran into XXXXX yesterday afternoon; apparently [XXXXX's boyfriend] called her "sobbing" because he had just started on his Econ paper Tuesday night! Apparently he was pretty worried about it...

[/ QUOTE ]

i just started writing the paper at 6 this morning. heh. need to flesh it out with a few more stats, but it is written. yes, i am awesome. [and really rock at poker.]

holla
Old 04-26-2007, 10:10 AM

She also uses hyphens for a lot of other punctuation marks.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:14 AM

Here's a car question for you guys... I'm looking to improve the fuel efficiency of my 2000 Toyota Camry. Besides the normal tune-up, are there any other engine modifications that can be done to significantly improve gas mileage?
Old 04-26-2007, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a car question for you guys... I'm looking to improve the fuel efficiency of my 2000 Toyota Camry. Besides the normal tune-up, are there any other engine modifications that can be done to significantly improve gas mileage?

[/ QUOTE ]

[nit]Uh, Matt, unless your car is seriously effed up atm a tune-up will not significantly improve gas mileage.[/nit]

There's also very little that can be done to improve gas mileage, in terms of engine modification. Remember, the manufacturer is going to do everything that can be done to improve it to keep sales up. What modifications you can make generally improve things like power but sacrfice fuel efficiency.

That said, the things that really help have more to do with your driving style. Don't make a lot of short trips (fuel efficiency is worse in a cold engine, and your car uses the most gas when you're starting it); don't race from light to light (ldo); don't "lug" the engine (letting revs drop, mostly a problem if you have a manual transmission, but when you're passing, for instance, you're actually better off punching the gas a little to make your automatic downshift and keep your revs up, lugging the engine wastes fuel by not making a complete combustion which in turn causes other problems).

Finally, something I feel can cause a broad impovement is using Techron by Chevron (I have no connection with Chevron, fwiw). It's the same stuff they add to their gas, but you can buy it in concentrated form at the station. It's completely anecdotal, but using it once a month or so seems to amke the engine run smoother, more powerfully, and more efficiently.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:19 AM

Thank you, my captain. When I get a real job, I'm gonna get me a hybrid. The 2007 Camry is now a hybrid. Too bad there's no way to modify my car into a hybrid... if someone were to make a way to convert old cars into hybrids, they'd be rich.

I'll try out the Techron stuff for a bit. I think another problem is that it's a 'used' car so I have no clue how well the engine has been treated previously. I just got the car a few weeks ago. I don't know if they changed the oil regularly or if they ever changed the spark plugs. I might spend a weekend changing everything out (spark plugs, air/fuel filters, etc) and see if it becomes better.
Closed Thread