Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2007, 05:03 PM

Default Re: Folding a boat. 100nl

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 7 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $82.85
BB: $51
UTG: $24.25
UTG+1: $63.70
MP: $55.15
CO: $68.25
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $50</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (7 Players)
UTG calls $0.50, 3 folds, Hero raises to $2.50, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($7.75) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">UTG checks</font>, Hero bets $$6.50, BB calls $6.50, UTG folds.

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($20.75) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $15.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $30</font>, Hero PUSHES!

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I know, brain fart.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:40 PM

bet more on turn, shove over raise. never fold, i dont care if the guy is 4/3 you still don't fold.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fear.....

You have to start looking at villain's range whenever you come to a fork in the road. You are toast with one hand (77) and ahead of everything else.

Granted, he is very nittish, so his range is a bit less than others have implied. I'm REALLY liking A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], though JJ-88 are possible. AF of 0.6 is probably not pushing a combo draw like A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], but has to be assigned a definate non 0%. Another non-zero would be A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].... very low chance IMO.

He called on the flop hoping to get SB money to follow into the trap. On the turn, your bet sizing suggests that you do not have a three. Most instinctively bet half pot or less so as not to lose their customer. Your stats at 1.7AF suggests you follow that pattern. Someone with an AGG factor above 2.5 can "get away" with a larger bet and get called because it's frequently a bluff.

He's testing his TPTK combo or overpair with his turn raise..... baluga theorem and all. Yes, he could easily have 77, but he (Mr. 0.6) will make this move with other hands.

The challenge is how to extract the rest of his stack and given his range, you must rraise the turn. He has to call, then miss his draws....but he's still happy here with his TPTK or overpair.

FWIW, I saw something last night on the $100 tables that MAY be tainting my viewpoint. UTG was 12/1/3 over 1000+ hands. Imagine 1% over a thousand hands. Well, she raises PF and I call on the button with a small pockets. Ace on the flop and it gets checked down. Villain shows me 64s. Needless to say, my jaw dropped about six inches.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha,I bet your jaw did drop. You make alot of good points, I didn't consider how villain perceived my bet, I typically fast play my big hands, but also c-bet alot and fire second barrel occasionally. I'm sure villain may have thought I was trying to raise SB out and take the pot down and he could raise me off hand, or even thought he was ahead with some of the holdings you mentioned. I'll look up that Baluga Theorem, I've heard it mentioned before but have never read the thread on it. Thanks to those with constructive advice.