Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who will win the NFC West?
Seattle Seahawks 68 83.95%
Arizona Cardinals 11 13.58%
St. Louis Rams 1 1.23%
San Francisco 49ers 1 1.23%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-24-2007, 12:17 AM

Default Re: Phil Stacey and Vote For the Worst

[ QUOTE ]
The night Melinda can stand on the AI stage and act like she owns the place is the night I start rethinking my opinion. It's the most important star quality there is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny Valentine? One of the best idol performances ever IMO (and I don't even care for the song that much).

As for performance ability... compare Melinda's "I'm a Woman" with Jordin's "Hey baby". Who commands the stage more? It's not even close.

Jordin's best 2 weeks have been the 2 where she just stood still and sang a ballad. That's her strength, hitting the big notes. But whenever she tries to perform onstage, it comes off mechanical whereas Melinda really seems to "feel" the song.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm starting to feel like TheVegan backing my horse here, so I'm gonna stop for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey I just call it the way I see it. Melinda is the one to beat and Lakisha as the one who has the best chance to beat her along with maybe Jordin. The guys have zero chance in my opinion. Maybe I am crazy in thinking Lakisha can win, but I am not just saying it because she is my horse. If she sucked and I didn't believe she would win I would say so. Personally I wish her price would drop before her next performance so I could bye more shares.

BTW GoRedBirds, LaRussa is my favorite manager and he happens to be a vegan.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He's my favorite too, but I'm biased. Someone else who occasionally posts in here has an avatar of him and a few dogs. He does a lot of work for animals here in STL via his foundation... He's definitely an interesting guy. Where are you from, BTW?

Agreed, Revots. But the point I understand in a lot of posts around here is that Jordin is still malleable and can be molded into the dancing around cute popstress. Time will tell, I guess.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He's my favorite too, but I'm biased. Someone else who occasionally posts in here has an avatar of him and a few dogs. He does a lot of work for animals here in STL via his foundation... He's definitely an interesting guy. Where are you from, BTW?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was born in Minnesota, but have lived in L.A. almost my whole life. I have just always loved LaRussa as a manager. A few years ago I found out about his being a vegan so I of course liked him even more. He and his wife do a lot good charity work.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:31 PM

Phil Stacey had the best performance last night. If they want to pimp someone as the worst, they should go after Chris.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Phil Stacey had the best performance last night. If they want to pimp someone as the worst, they should go after Chris.

[/ QUOTE ]
VFTW has been vanquished for this season. There are no jokes among the top six. Everyone left deserves to be there and that's a real credit to the way some performers have improved themselves during the course of the show.

I think America has done a good job. It's time for VFTW to go crawl back under their rock until next year.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
10% chance of him having a good but not great performance but having a good fan base stick by him 3- 5

[/ QUOTE ]

He had a good but not great performance, but didnt hit your 3-5 mark. I guess us gamblers have no respect for Phil and probably never will but, based on Simons comments "People seem to like you" and "go with country" tells me Phil was at the top or very close to the top of the voting last week. If Phil is not in the bottom 3 this week he could be a force with 3 solid performances in a row and a fan base, he might hit your 3-5 mark.