Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2007, 02:19 PM

Default Re: Largest coke bust in US history

All - I have temporarily unlocked the Tony Montana account. Looking forward to his post.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im no coke expert and I'm not even sure how many kilos would make # of 8balls or grams or whatever but I think the DEA and/or media is reporting this value to be way higher than what the cartel loses. I think the 500mil is after it goes through all the money/drug exchanges and finally makes its way into a BBVers nose.

In terms of what the cartel loses I'd be surprised if it exceeded 100mil in potential profits. Theyre just wholesalers to the upper level dealers in America. In terms of the actual cost of the losses to the cartel I really dont think its that much. Like I said earlier by the all eggs in one basket logic I really dont think the cartel is going to be hurting by any means. Sucks they lost a lot of potential profit but I cant imagine this set them back more than a few mil.

[/ QUOTE ]

They way the figure up how much the street value is what is they est. that it is 5 times more then what the cartel lost. What the going price is at that time for the product. 5 times is probablly low balling it because it will probablly get cut 3 or 4 times before it finally hits the corner. It is a major lose just because the product was already bought by someone on this end. Probablly half down. So now the cartel has to make good on the product or they have to get the money back.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:36 PM

Zac - right OK see this makes sense. It's not like the cartel shipped over a shitton of coke without significant money changing hands first. So now they are on the hook for the lost product.

Anyway at the end of the day alot of people srsly f'ed up for the cartel to be in this position. Those people gonna get it.

-Al
Old 04-25-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Zac - right OK see this makes sense. It's not like the cartel shipped over a shitton of coke without significant money changing hands first. So now they are on the hook for the lost product.

Anyway at the end of the day alot of people srsly f'ed up for the cartel to be in this position. Those people gonna get it.

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually no one really F'd up the coast guard just did there job's.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:56 PM

Zac - when someone loses this much coke in a huge, single shipment, don't you think someone screwed up (from the cartel's perspective)?

-Al
Old 04-25-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
From my extensive experience playing DrugWars on my calculator in high school, I think thay prices are going to increase.

[/ QUOTE ]

They have that game on calculators now? wow. I remember playing the original version back in junior high and highschool. I kinda forgot about it until your post. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-25-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im no coke expert and I'm not even sure how many kilos would make # of 8balls or grams

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the metric system is really difficult.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im no coke expert and I'm not even sure how many kilos would make # of 8balls or grams

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the metric system is really difficult.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I shouldve clarified that I meant by the time it reaches the final buyer after being cut a bunch but I thought that was clear since I mentioned it a bunch in the rest of the post.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Zac - when someone loses this much coke in a huge, single shipment, don't you think someone screwed up (from the cartel's perspective)?

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course from there end. How else would they look at it, but in all honesty who cares how they look at it. They should be in jail to begin with so I hope they all lose that much if not more. Drugs have destroyed alot of lives in this country. I always do love how people in this country see big busts like this one and all they can think is wow someone got lucky. Or someone on the drug dealer's end screwed up. Maybe the cops did a really good job. Why not give the boarding team alittle credit. Sorry if I seem alittle offended but it is because I am active duty coast guard and have been in for 7 yrs. Done alot of boardings just like that one. Never that sucessful though. They did a incredible job.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:19 PM

from wiki on pablo escobar

At the height of his empire, Escobar was estimated by Forbes magazine to be the seventh-richest man in the world,[2] with his company Medellín Cartel controlling 80 percent of the world's cocaine market. His organization had fleets of planes, boats, expensive vehicles and a private army. Vast properties and tracts of lands were also controlled by the cartel under Escobar due to the almost limitless influx of cash during this period. Estimates are that the Medellín cartel was taking in up to $30 billion annually at its zenith.

So ya that was 15+ years ago so im sure the newer cartels easily make that much, i dont think that this bust is gonna hurt, keep in mind dea report the value as per gram cost on the street.