FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Action
Call 11 44.00%
Push 14 56.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-25-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Re: I Hated the ER Scene

[ QUOTE ]
I think you may have missed the point totally. This isn't about the kid, it's about Lem. IF you couldn't grasp that, you should really give up ever watching TV this complex.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you are being too clever by half.....
Vic has lots of pressures on him but his meltdown in the ER was almost like watching a bizarre cartoon chracter. I think Vic's revenge killing for Lem quench his need for violence. It was Vic who tried to settle Shane down when Shane started going nutty about missing Lem. Part of the beauty of "The Sheild" is the blend of many several but dictinctly DIFFERENT characters. Shane is the most unstable of the three. Ronnie is the most stable. And Vic is in between but closer to Ronnie than Shane. During the money train episodes, it was Vic that remained the most level-headed and focused. The ER vandalism scene is something I would expect more from Shane having an angel dust trip than Vic.... Vic knows his job is on-the-line. To go crazy and commit vandalsim in front of your Captain when you job is already on-the-line is just stupid....incredible stupid.....and the Vic I have watched is not that dumb...

Sorry I'm not buying it....that ER scene was 1st degree character assassination of a great character.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:08 PM

I felt bad about how harsh my initial post was, but now... not so much.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Billings continues to be hilarious -- I loved his gesture at Danny's boobs after walking in on her breast-pumping. And it was a nice surprise having Lowe put on the strike team, since we just talked last week about how his character hasn't had enough plot lines.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really starting to like Billings as a detective. He's been a slimeball throughout the show, but now he seems to be stepping into a role that lets his character shine more.

It surprises me that Viv laps up the lie about keeping him on if needed so readily.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:29 PM

Felix,

I'm with Dids. It went right over your head, and continues to do so even though it's now been explained to you.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Let me join you in this spirit of mutual respect and diplomacy...
Committing felony vandalism in front of 100 witnesses including several other police officers and a police captain while you are trying to save your job is 1000% consistent with this character. A character who for 5 seasons had a modus operandi of committing crimes and finding ways not to get caught....

Yes, you just persuaded me. This is quite consistent with this chraracter.... I concede you are 100% correct...
Old 04-25-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Committing felony vandalism in front of 100 witnesses including several other police officers and a police captain while you are trying to save your job is 1000% consistent with this character. A character who for 5 seasons had a modus operandi of committing crimes and finding ways not to get caught....

Yes, you just persuaded me. This is quite consistent with this chraracter.... I concede you are 100% correct...

[/ QUOTE ]

watch it again...the Captain did not arrive until he was already raging.

the scene is about Vic's frustration at being unable to save the kid, and through that, Lem. It makes perfect sense.

It's fine to not like it, but your arguments against it don't hold water.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the scene is about Vic's frustration at being unable to save the kid, and through that, Lem. It makes perfect sense.

It's fine to not like it, but your arguments against it don't hold water.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, Vic finally broke down. Breakdowns tend not to be rational.

J
Old 04-25-2007, 03:05 PM

No, it was character assassination! The writers are destroying this show, couldn't you see it starting with the Glenn Close character in Season 4? Don't you get it---Shawn Ryan is doing coke and insisted on including this terrible scene where Vic gets all torn up and acts out after the death of a gang banger!
Old 04-25-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
OK......99 witnesses.
With a mere 99 witnesses he should be able beat any felony vandalism charges against him. My mistake.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Felix... there are many documented cases of families of muder victims, who after witnessing the killers execution, have become anti-death penalty. They realize that their anger blindly lead them to believe that the killer's death would make things right. They realize that all it did was prevent them from dealing with the death of their loved one.

Vic went through this. He had focused anger up to the point where he killed Guardo. He then felt a false sense of security that was disrupted by the dream his wife had and the death of Vante [sp?]. He realized that he had never shown any true emotion over Lem's death, and it came out in the angry breakdown at the hospital. I believe Claudette would understand this and would not hold it against him.