Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2007, 07:59 PM

Default Re: Staking

oh and also, 2k is barely a 100nl roll let alone a 200nl roll. If I was the backer I wouldn't want a deal that let a person who requires backing 10 buyins to a game they aren't a big winner in.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am also looking for advice on a staking arrangement.

Villain: Good buddy from college who dropped out of a grad school program to play poker full time. About that same time he got into World of War Craft. He has Spent the last two years dabbling in poker and grinding WOW has much as humanly possible.

He now has 1.14 in his checking account and 3K in CC debt. His poker skillz are rusty at best, however, I am confident I can turn him into a 1/2 grinder.

Hero: I play 2/4-5/10nl full time. I have averaged about 30K/month for the last 6 months. I consider myself to have one of the best poker lifestyles around. Work out regularly, try to eat well, play 30 hours/week + strategy time.

I have offered to help my friend out of his situation. I want to make this mutually beneficial.

The Plan:
1. I pay off his CC Debt to stop 18% interest and late fees.
2. He moves in with me for 4-6 weeks. This will be boot camp. He grinds when I grind. Works out when I work out. Talks strategy when I talk strategy etc.
3. I will be coaching him and have him sweat me.
4. He will be playing from my BR (obv).

I would appreciate suggestions on a good staking arrangement to make this mutually beneficial.

His benefit: No poker career --> poker career.

My benefit: ?

Please ask if more details are needed.

[/ QUOTE ]

While you're at it, you should try and pick up a single mom
Old 04-23-2007, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain: Good buddy from college who dropped out of a grad school program to play poker full time. About that same time he got into World of War Craft. He has Spent the last two years dabbling in poker and grinding WOW has much as humanly possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lmao that is [censored] pathetic.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your a good friend
Old 04-24-2007, 06:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your a good friend

[/ QUOTE ]

I would imagine if what he is stating is true and the offer he is making is correct that their friendship would probably withold the fact that he thinks grinding WOW is a waste of time....
Old 04-25-2007, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone should dig up the original post when he quit school. It would be a good illustration of what the total freedom of a lifestyle like poker (which some people can handle very well) to some people.