Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2007, 12:39 AM

Default AK-terribly played

MP somewhat tight tag 19 14 1.6
Button been lagging it up 44 22 1.4
No other real reads LAG was noticably laggy but I was watching yankees lose and mets win that was dissapointing enough.

Actually my first HH post I played this so badly that I finally forced myself to figure out how to use HH converter. Flame away

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (5 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (10 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, Button checks.

Turn: (5 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero ?
Old 04-25-2007, 12:44 AM

Default Re: AK-terribly played

MUBS!
Old 04-25-2007, 12:55 AM

misplayed on every street I think.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
misplayed on every street I think

[/ QUOTE ].
yeh feel like thats gonna be the concensus
Old 04-25-2007, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
misplayed on every street I think

[/ QUOTE ].
yeh feel like thats gonna be the concensus

[/ QUOTE ]

well technically given preflop flop c/r is probably best choice but bet/3bet is really tempting.

any reason for the flatcall pre?
Old 04-25-2007, 01:48 AM

Not really just had retarted thought come into my head that I'm oop and could disguise my hand strength. Pretty much poor experimentation with extremely little thought given and passing up on (censored) ton of value. I should have donked flop perfect spot to bet/3bet especially given my preflop plan. My heads all messed up trying stupid things and there leading to situations like this.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:14 AM

uhhh. cap preflop. lead flop. go from there.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:21 AM

its not shocking tbh a lot of people are results oriented here. very hard for it to be checked around and hard for bb to call and first raiser isnt going anywhere for 2 bets in my experience. As played always bet turn tho its such a bad card that we dont really want to checkraise here anymore and face a 3 bet. As played i'd find it really hard to fold b/c everyones hand seems underrepresented. I'd now call and crying call river
Old 04-25-2007, 04:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
misplayed on every street I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

19/14 is capable of folding some hands for 2 more bets if you cap and you have a big equity edge so cap it up. given pre i think c/r flop is pretty standard since its lhe and no one checks flops, and im really not sure how often you get to bet/3-bet the flop when youre ahead. when you c/r you have a greater chance of squeezing the middle guy out which is a big thing in a pot this size. you also might get in 4 bets vs button since he strikes me the type to call bs on your c/r, and 3-bet light for a free river or showdown. so i definitely like going for a c/r

on the turn id rather go for a c/r if i had a set since you run less of a risk of checkraising yourself into more action than you want. but with AK id rather bet and go from there. your hand stays underrepped that way. c/r looks strong to me but my reading skills are off.

as played i think its a fold. its definitely a tough spot, but there are a ton of hands that make perfect sense that beat you. the first guy could have 33, KJ, KT, JT, Q9, maybe AQ, and the button could've slowplayed a set, could've turned a set, or there's an outside chance he has AQ or even Q9. maybe it's something like AJ, but if he checks that he checks AQ too. same goes for QQ and JJJ. his stats don't look insane so i think he has you beat at least 2/3 of the time. you're looking at a parlay where either guy can easily have you beat, and you're priced into calling a cap (or 3-bet if you flat call) and a river bet too. just kind of a [censored] situation imo