Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2007, 10:57 PM

Default 50nl: AK TP turn fold

Villain is nitty 12/5/2 I'm running at 18/13/2 on this table.

does anyone call the flop instead of raise vs a 12/5 guy? My thought was to move him off a pair if he was standard c/betting.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $58.10
BB: $52.70
<font color="black">Hero (UTG): $125.75</font>
BTN: $50

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $1.25

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($3.75) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $2</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6</font>, BB calls $4

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($15.75) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $12</font>, <font color="red">BB raises all-in to $44.95</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $32.95 returned to BB

Pot Size: $39.75 ($1.95 Rake)
Old 04-24-2007, 11:00 PM

Default Re: 50nl: AK TP turn fold

With his stats...FOOOLLLLDDDD!!! Looks like a set. He's so nitty it's def not A8, 86, etc.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:03 PM

lol, I did fold. I guess my main question would be is it a better line to call the flop bet? Or check behind on the turn?
Old 04-24-2007, 11:19 PM

i would check the turn given this opponent.

sometimes i call the flop, as most of his range is a set by this point.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, I did fold. I guess my main question would be is it a better line to call the flop bet? Or check behind on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your best move here is to check behind on the turn and hope to induce a "bluff" from a worse Ace (AQ, AJs) on the river. I typically check behind this turn, then re-evaluate on the river depending on what he does. You're either way ahead or way behind on the turn, so I don't think giving him a free card is a big deal here. His bet-call on the flop would make me pretty nervous (I'm immediately thinking he might have a set).

I think this is a great example of a situation where your position earns or saves you money.

As to whether it's better to call the flop or raise it, I think this is a pretty clear raise because, although you give up a lot of info about your hand, you also force him to define his hand AND you take control of the hand.

My plan on this flop is to raise, then consider folding if he calls flop, leads the turn for any reasonable amount. If he checks the turn, I check behind and hope to see a cheap showdown, maybe inducing a bluff from AQs.