Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2007, 09:41 PM

Default Donk gets paid.....My first brag.

I just won my biggest hand in poker. Now I know a lot of the players on here have huge BRs and this win is scrapings, but for all the little guys out here, you will understand.

My night started out horrible, I had recently almost tripled my BR, but now I was watching my profits dwindle away to LAs who play anything and seem to pull that freaking flush on the river no matter how dominated I have them. So, I am down $50 or so, and I decide to pull the biggest donk move of my short poker life. I decided to sit a one of the $100 max NLHE tables. Now I know that this is stupid, I have watched other people do this and lose their complete BR in one or two hands, but hey, I am on tilt so I convince myself that this will be good for me—help me tighten up my game. I sit at a 6 handed table with all the other players at max buy in level or higher. The chip leader at the table has something like $275 sitting in front of him. I play a couple of hands win about $5. Then I get pocket queens. I raise 4x the BB. Get two callers, one of which was Mr. Chip leader. Flop comes 10 10 Q. I start to shake a little bit. Both players check and I raise pot. Two callers again. Turn comes J. Mr. Chip leader is first to act. He rises to $34. Other dude lays his hand down. I go all in with my remaining $45 or so and Mr. Chip leader calls. I have FB queens full of tens and he has jacks full of tens. River is a dead card and I rake $120 in profit. I played one or two more hands, logged out and went back to my usually 25 max tables. I don’t get to brag very often so there it is. I freaking love this game!
Old 04-24-2007, 09:55 PM

Default Re: Donk gets paid.....My first brag.

But you're still going to play with only 4 buy ins? Good luck with that bankroll...
Old 04-24-2007, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But you're still going to play with only 4 buy ins? Good luck with that bankroll...

[/ QUOTE ]

I have about 15 buy ins at the 25max level.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:58 PM

CHIP LEADER AT THE TABLE
Old 04-24-2007, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
River is a dead card and I rake $120 in profit. I played one or two more hands, logged out and went back to my usually 25 max tables. !

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-24-2007, 10:01 PM

pwn the bubble
Old 04-24-2007, 10:14 PM

nice gimmick
Old 04-24-2007, 10:32 PM

Please stop raising when they check. It messes with my head.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have about 15 buy ins at the 25max level.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you were already going against basic bankroll management, but nor horribly, so you think it is okay to go way over br management rules? i love this logic
Old 04-24-2007, 10:44 PM

First of all, everybody on here was a little guy once (or still is). I liked reading this, reminded me of the first time I played NL100 and started shaking when I drew pocket kings. When I had my first thousand dollar day (which was actually my first two thousand dollar hour), I just walked around the block and felt like I was on top of the world. That was after working very hard to build a BR up though, and not because I moved up to try and get unstuck or because I was on tilt. Chasing losses is a very dangerous habit to get into and honestly there is just no reason to do it if you are a winning player. When you're stressed about money, or stressed in general, it's also almost impossible to be thinking effectively at the table (unfortunately you can't just nut peddle anymore as the games have gotten tougher). Glad it worked out for you, though, you'll be at higher stakes soon enough. Just focus on playing well.

Adam