Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 08:18 PM

Default Re: List of eWallets for Canadians

Has anyone tried using the c2p debit card at an ATM yet? I'm wondering what ATM fees the bank charge + whether this 2% charge for c2p applies (which I don't see on their site)

Thanks
Old 04-24-2007, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone tried using the c2p debit card at an ATM yet? I'm wondering what ATM fees the bank charge + whether this 2% charge for c2p applies (which I don't see on their site)

[/ QUOTE ]

I spoke to a click2pay rep. today. The 2% fee min $3 max $15 indeed applies to us even though it is only on the German site. This means $1.50 ATM charge + $10 on say a $500 withdrawal. Terrible for high stakes players.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:10 PM

Okay, I checked in with some of the banks today and I am sorry to say that my initial info regarding incoming bank wires was incorrect.

Here are the fees for incoming bank wires (international):
BMO: Flat fee of $14
CIBC: couldn't reach them
National Bank: couldn't reach them
RBC: Free for wires under $50, $15 for wires over $50
Scotia: Flat fee $10
TD: Flat fee $10

Without question, the best way is to go to Party and send all of your payments through their Electronic Transfer method.

cheers
Old 04-24-2007, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You mean they make us keep the balance in Canadian $, then send a cheque in Euros? Uggggh.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's correct, although the rep. I spoke to said this was new, as of this month. Which might be why it is coming as a surprise to people like myself, since it is not mentioned on their site.

So I received my cheque today and spent the entire day trying to cash it. Bottom line is, I get hosed for like $600 (from 14k) due to poor exchange rates. The best I could get was 1.52 from Vancouver Boullion & Exchange, HOWEVER they refused to accept the cheque, citing that it was third party!!!

So I called click2pay, and the rep. seemed to have dealt with this problem before. She immediately told me to send the cheque back and they would wire me the money if I gave them all my account details. And get this...she said if I requested a 15k CAD bank wire, I would receive 15k and 15k would be deducted from my account...no exchange fees other than the $2 fee for withdrawal. I am not sure I believe her but since they do not exchange gouge on e-wallet to site transactions and vice versa, it might be true...if so this would be a great option for high stakes players.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Without question, the best way is to go to Party and send all of your payments through their Electronic Transfer method.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but how to get money from other sites to Party? Moneybookers will work to a point, but their outgoing transaction limits are restrictive to high stakes players. If the click2pay bank wires do not work for some reason, I will likely go with a combination of site->MB->Party EFT and cheque direct from site.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:09 PM

I spoke again with click2pay customer service and I got a clearer answer on their wire transfer. They will wire the money in Euros, which is then converted by our bank into Canadian dollars. So we will be subject to exchange fees as our bank sees fit, plus a receipt of wire transfer fee.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, I checked in with some of the banks today and I am sorry to say that my initial info regarding incoming bank wires was incorrect.

cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info. Too bad about BMO's $14 fee. I figure Bank of Nova Scotia or BMO then is the way to go. Nice balance of relatively low cost compared to the other banks for both incoming and outgoing international wires.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info. Too bad about BMO's $14 fee. I figure Bank of Nova Scotia or BMO then is the way to go. Nice balance of relatively low cost compared to the other banks for both incoming and outgoing international wires.

[/ QUOTE ]
i'm assuming you meant TD and not BMO.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:34 AM

I thought it might be helpful to put these two together.

All transfers are assumed to originate from Ontario and going to Germany (where Moneybookers' bank is located) and vice versa.

BMO (incoming): Flat fee of $10 + 0.2% of amount transferred (min. $15 - max $125)
BMO (outgoing): Flat fee of $14
CIBC(outgoing): Flat fee of $35
CIBC (incoming): still can't get in touch.
National Bank: $15 + 0.38% of amt. transferred
National Bank(incoming): still can't get in touch
RBC (outgoing): Flat fee of $35 + communication fee to Germany ($7) = $42
RBC(incoming): Free for wires under $50, $15 for wires over $50
Scotia(outgoing): I was quoted $12-13 + 0.15% of transfer amt.[but when I actually did mine at Scotia it was $15 + $7.50 (to Germany) = $22.50]
Scotia (incoming): Flat fee $10
TD Canada Trust(outgoing): Transfers under $10K - flat fee of $30; Transfers $10K - $250K - flat fee of $50
TD Canada Trust(incoming): Flat fee $10
Old 04-25-2007, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought it might be helpful to put these two together.

All transfers are assumed to originate from Ontario and going to Germany (where Moneybookers' bank is located) and vice versa.

BMO (incoming): Flat fee of $10 + 0.2% of amount transferred (min. $15 - max $125)
BMO (outgoing): Flat fee of $14
CIBC(outgoing): Flat fee of $35
CIBC (incoming): still can't get in touch.
National Bank: $15 + 0.38% of amt. transferred
National Bank(incoming): still can't get in touch
RBC (outgoing): Flat fee of $35 + communication fee to Germany ($7) = $42
RBC(incoming): Free for wires under $50, $15 for wires over $50
Scotia(outgoing): I was quoted $12-13 + 0.15% of transfer amt.[but when I actually did mine at Scotia it was $15 + $7.50 (to Germany) = $22.50]
Scotia (incoming): Flat fee $10
TD Canada Trust(outgoing): Transfers under $10K - flat fee of $30; Transfers $10K - $250K - flat fee of $50
TD Canada Trust(incoming): Flat fee $10

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a reminder of the most basic account fees as well:

Bank of Nova Scotia: $3.95/mo for 12 transactions (incl. 4 teller assisted) or $3.95/mo. for 15 self service transactions (no fee if balance over $2000).
Royal Bank: Pay as you go chequing: No account fee, $1.00 for each assisted transaction, $0.50 for each automated transaction.
TD Canada Trust: $3.95/mo for 10 transactions (fee waived if balance over $1000)
Bank of Montreal: $4.00/mo for 10 transactions (fee waived if balance over $1500)
National Bank: $5.50/mo for 20 transactions (There may be a cheaper option but their online system is difficult to navigate for information)
CIBC: $3.90 for 10 transactions (fee waived if balance over $1000)
Closed Thread