Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2007, 05:27 PM

Default Re: New ICM tool for STTs

[ QUOTE ]
I can do instinct ICM better than these donkeys can cheat with it when they get calling ranges wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

good luck donkeys
Old 04-24-2007, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can do instinct ICM better than these donkeys can cheat with it when they get calling ranges wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
When the call mode is added and with a 10% fee vs a table full of players using real-time ICM what sort of ROI are you expecting by putting them on marginally better ranges? -5%, -2%, 0%?

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wow 3 "only quote" post in a row ... phew.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could have made it 4!
I think Slim's line on this is very compeling. Image you've got the perfect tool and you are on the sharkscope leader board and bang the tool no longer works what do you have? Just donkey breath... As a learning tool I can sort of understand it, it's like having the ablity to use bubble trainer in real time and gauge your progress. I "know" that's a good concept but to use it to play is not where you want to live...

[/ QUOTE ]
The type of players who will use this aren't they type who want to improve their game or get on the Sharkscopre leader-board. They are exactly the same people who love the idea of running bots so they don't have to think about the game and just make money from it.

Things like "Calculatem Pro" blatantly give duff advice, but the danger of something like this is that is gives pretty good clear advice and it only takes 2/3 previously -20% ROI players at each table to be using something like this and the margin for profit goes way down for us.

Old 04-24-2007, 05:47 PM

This would be great for someone like wickss?
Old 04-24-2007, 05:49 PM

Hi guys,

I have not tried this program, and am certainly not vouching for it, but I do not think it would be unfair or illegal. As Finnisher points out SNGEGT appears to offer a legitimate product that does real-time ICM and is allowed by Stars. (Personally, I tried to buy this program since it is cheaper than Power Tools or Wizard and has this new feature, but it wouldn't work on my machine.)

As to fair/unfair, programs that provide stats with overlay give you available information that you could not realistically keep track of on your own. Since you would also have to adjust hand ranges (or stick with one-size-fits-all defaults), and account for non-ICM assumptions (such as skill), I think this type of program is no more unfair than Poker Tracker, Poker Office, etc.

Also, OP is merely alerting us of a free new product that we may choose to download or ignore as we wish. Let's be nice to our new members. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Best Regards,
Collin
Old 04-24-2007, 05:52 PM

Building on what Finnisher was saying, I had a long discussion with stars about real time programs & they are 100% allowed. The FAQ is based off of this.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This would be great for someone like wickss?

[/ QUOTE ]
ban
Old 04-24-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As to fair/unfair, programs that provide stats with overlay give you available information that you could not realistically keep track of on your own. Since you would also have to adjust hand ranges (or stick with one-size-fits-all defaults), and account for non-ICM assumptions (such as skill), I think this type of program is no more unfair than Poker Tracker, Poker Office, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've created a blatant thread in the Zoo asking Stars to clarify their policy on real-time advisors (see here). I think if you consider using a bot to be cheating then this is exactly the same; the only difference is that a bot doesn't press the buttons for you and if that is Stars' only way of determining if the software is fair or unfair then I think it's ridiculous tbo.

Old 04-24-2007, 07:55 PM

all I have to say is looooooooool @ the hard-coded calling ranges.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all I have to say is looooooooool @ the hard-coded calling ranges.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, daleroxxu knows it.. i call him with T high every time when he pushes on me