Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2007, 07:32 PM

Default I spew

These hands are from the same session 1/2 Stars.

<font color="blue">UTG is weak tight. </font>

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, CO calls, 2 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6.5SB, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5.25BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (7.25BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>

<font color="blue">CO is very loose Pf and aggro Postflop </font>

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4.5SB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>

<font color="blue">Multiway pot </font>

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (12SB, 4 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>
Old 04-24-2007, 07:49 PM

Default Re: I spew

Hand 1 i'd check/call the river to try and get a bet from a broken draw

Hand 2 is fine I think maybe CR the turn if you think he will fold more to that line

Hand 3 I think betting that flop is fine
Old 04-24-2007, 07:51 PM

Hand 1 is fine and not really a spew. Because of Villain's weak-tight tendencies, I don't think you really have any good river options, but maybe he'll look you up with ace-high anyway on this drawish board (especially if he was at the table when Hand 2 took place [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]).

Hand 2: This isn't really a spew either (there's a really good chance you have 14 outs), but Villain is unlikely to fold immediately, so you're putting yourself in a position where you are going to need to keep firing. One sort of nice thing (in terms of not getting outplayed, that is) is that even though Villain is aggro and any raise he makes later in the hand can't really be trusted, well, you have zero unimproved showdown value anyway. I mean, you're going to the river, obviously, but versus a flop 3-bet or a turn raise or a river raise, you're going to have an easy river fold if you haven't caught at least a pair by that point. If you have a low pair on the river, then things get trickier, but you have an easy check-call if Villain has taken the initiative back from you by that point, and it's only if you're still the aggressor that you have to decide between a check-call, a bet-fold, and a bet-call.

Hand 3: It's a very ragged flop and I don't think the bet is too bad, but I would probably check because (1) I have three opponents, one of which is also a preflop raiser, and (2) given the preflop action, there's a good chance someone has either a PP or a Q, and I don't think I have any folding equity versus a better hand, really. In any case, though, it is an uncomfortable situation, and it certainly isn't out of the question for you to still have the best hand.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:31 PM

hahahahhaahha oh man i suck if you think your spewing. Nothing wrong with how you played any of the hands. I pretty much agree with Nick
Old 04-24-2007, 08:39 PM

Hand 1 is fine all around. I can't see any busted draws taking a shot on the river if you check after the line you have taken. You will get called by ace high here fairly often.

Hand 2 I like the flop raise if you plan on taking the free card. If you are going to put another bet in on the turn I think you would be better off calling the flop and raising any turn lower than a 10.

Hand 3 I might consider checking but usually bet and give up.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:11 PM

hand one
flop and turn are fine ...
not sure about the river - does the bet itself have value (not sure what you mean by weak tight ... weak meaning fold-y or weak meaning call-y ... if call-y then I think a bet is good, he'll call with a bunch of stuff and only raise you when you are dead meat)

hand two
generally I would bet like this ... but against a loose-aggressive and being OOP I'll probably just play it soft

hand 3
either option is OK here ... having 3 opponents makes a c-bet boardline - but the board is so dead that it's begging to be bet
Old 04-24-2007, 11:21 PM

hand 1:
By weak tight I wanted to point out he was tight both pre and postflop. Only two hands went to showdown with heavy action: a set and a straight.

Given his tendencies it seemed A high call-downs were not in his repertoire.

After the call on the turn I thought he was trying to spike a pair, on a bigger draw (+ flush or gutshot) or an overpair which the paired turn freezed up.

I bet the river as I usually do against typical villains. Against this one I couldnīt see my hand having +50% equity IF called.

Hand 2:

Against these particular opponent (aggressive and showdown bound) probably would have been best not to charge myself and cut my implied odds specially Oop with 6 high.

This is a non-threatening board for whatever hand he happens to hold. Plus Iīm setting myself up to fire the turn and probably the river if I donīt improve.

Hand 3:

Ace high,big pot, many contestants, oop.
q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Those might have been better candidates for a bet.

thoughts?
Old 04-24-2007, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 1:
By weak tight I wanted to point out he was tight both pre and postflop. Only two hands went to showdown with heavy action: a set and a straight.

Given his tendencies it seemed A high call-downs were not in his repertoire.

After the call on the turn I thought he was trying to spike a pair, on a bigger draw (+ flush or gutshot) or an overpair which the paired turn freezed up.

I bet the river as I usually do against typical villains. Against this one I couldnīt see my hand having +50% equity IF called.

Hand 2:

Against these particular opponent (aggressive and showdown bound) probably would have been best not to charge myself and cut my implied odds specially Oop with 6 high.

This is a non-threatening board for whatever hand he happens to hold. Plus Iīm setting myself up to fire the turn and probably the river if I donīt improve.

Hand 3:

Ace high,big pot, many contestants, oop.
q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Those might have been better candidates for a bet.

thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm ... hand one: this guy did raise UTG - so we can say the only hand that will call you most likely has you beat TT (would he play JJ so weak too?) ... other than those hands he has a bunch of big cards that he'll fold

hand 2
these over aggro guys pay-off so well when you hit that pushing your hand probably isn't necessary (and you pair outs are good a lot too)

hand 3
I thought the club was a spade ... I like a bet less now
Old 04-25-2007, 03:59 AM

hand 1 i c/c the river. you might get a bet from a busted draw, but since he raised utg he'll prolly show you TT-AA.

hand 2 i play the exact same way. you want to get value into the pot and villain might lay down a better hand to the c/r.

hand 3 i dont like this c- bet at all. you have 3 opponent and your ace might not even be good anymore. since you dont even have the backdoor fdraw id c/f this flop.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:59 AM

Hand 1 is standard. Dont c/c river, a good opponent is not betting his AK for you, but he will prolly call.

Hand 2. I dont c/r this flop against a loose and aggro player. Your FE is 0. I c/c the flop and then 2 good things can happen on the turn. He either checks behind and I get a free card or he bet/folds to my semibluff c/r.

Hand 3) I dont c-bet the flop. You are not getting a lot of calls from worse hands. You have no backdoors but a weak nutstraight draw. c/c'ing will not cost you more than 1 bet and sometimes it will save you a bet when you fold cuz its 2 bets back to you. bet/calling isnt likely to win the pot but will cost you 2 bets with non-zero probability. I like a bet a lot more with KQ on J32 with a BDFD.