Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2007, 08:20 PM

Default Re: What is everyones thoughts on CakePoker?

WTF DID ANYONE ELSE JUST HAVE MONEY START DISAPPEARING FROM THEIR ACCOUNT EVERYTIME THEY REFRESHED THE CASHIER? I JUST F*CKING HAD LIKE $1500 DISAPPEAR FROM MY ACCOUNT GRADUALLY OVER THE COURSE OF 3MINS AND 10 REFRESHES
Old 04-23-2007, 08:24 PM

WOW, it started coming back now, WTF, worst software ever. I'm almost positive i'm still like $300 short
Old 04-23-2007, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF DID ANYONE ELSE JUST HAVE MONEY START DISAPPEARING FROM THEIR ACCOUNT EVERYTIME THEY REFRESHED THE CASHIER? I JUST F*CKING HAD LIKE $1500 DISAPPEAR FROM MY ACCOUNT GRADUALLY OVER THE COURSE OF 3MINS AND 10 REFRESHES

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I had $250 disappear, but that's because I donk-called an all-in with top-pair. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2007, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Still waiting on a check that was changed to bank wire. Over 2 month. I don't care how much the software improves if I can't cashout. I know it looks like epass is working, but a bunch of us are waiting on withdrawls that were made before epass was an option.

When I requested cashout in early February I figured I would have it in plenty of time for my vacation in June. Begining to wonder....

[/ QUOTE ]

Non-update, still waiting, was told over a week ago that a bank wire would be sent mid week last week. Still nothing and no e-mail from them since then. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I finally got my bankwire last Friday.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:16 PM

Default Re: What is everyones thoughts on CakePoker? CAKE HATES VISTA!

Cake Poker is great except for the software and the players. Tourneys are easy; ring games are easy; cashing out isn't so easy. I got all my money out of there the day GW signed the bill and haven't been back.

Was going to go back, since I got my new computer. When I downloaded I got a message saying that Cake didn't like the new VISTA software. SO I didn't pursue it any further.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:47 AM

Default CakePoker? - Worst Software ever and Is it fixed?

I attempt to play 7 tables but its been killing me.

I've raked over 4K for the month.

1) The software is the worst I've ever seen
2) Had KK, AA, etc folded when I went to reload the table would freeze up and I would be timed out. Emailed support with the hand details and they blamed it on my machine. LOL
3) The players are soft
4) The rake back is very good
5) The promotions of gold cards and chips is very good

Hint before I complain --

Go into task manager and kill the Cake process and restart it when a table freezes, this way you dont get your tables closed down on you.

--- I only say the below after doing some research and the fact that I've played on almost every site under the sun and seen a ton of hands. I've hit 22 royal flushes since starting to play poker ---

I honestly think something is also messed up with there sorting algorithm.

I started out the month with a great run then a switch went off. Maybe just maybe I'm on a really really bad run but after 3 years of playing I think I would have seen something like this before.

The oddity comes with going for a flush or someone chasing a flush.

Me chasing last night hit -> once, missed -> nine times.
Them chasing hit -> eleven times, missed -> zero.

Things like set or over pair all in. This is supposed to be the place where I make a killing. I lose once win twice everytime I see an all in for a flush.

Any other good players experience something like this?

Just not sure if it is worth it.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:26 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?
Default Re: CakePoker? - Worst Software ever and Is it fixed?

In the past I have been a supporter of Cake Poker,"Its a new site, give it a chance" etc. I cashed out today because the the software sucks so bad it has become unplayable.

My cake Poker Rant that got locked.

When the software is so bad, it won't let you play and the table freezes up and costs you money, it is time to go. Your edge in limit poker isn't very big, so losing a big blind here or getting a winner folded there has a significant impact on your profit.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:44 PM

it's getting worse every day. HOW HARD IS IT TO FIX THE BUYING BUGS ALSKD;JFLASDKJF;LDASKJF;DLASKFJSAD;LKJFASDL;KFJSDA L;KJF;SDALKJF;ASLDKJFDSA;LKJF;LSDAKJF;LDSAKJFDSL;A KJ.

obviously it's extremely difficult.

the cake poker software is going to feature prominently in my suicide note.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:39 PM

The software has been crashing more lately and now if the software crashes you always lose your seat because when the software relaunches after crashing and the old tables pop up it will crash and you have to start over again. To succssfully restart the software you have to decline going back to the tables you were booted from and go hit the waitlist or sit down again. This last update just made things worse and it is hard to imagine it was tested very much as minutes after the update it was obvious it caused more problems then it solved.

The only thing I saw solved was that it now tells you what you left with when sitting back down at a table you were booted from. Before it would not tell you and you had to guess. If you chose too little it would freeze and crash the software.

The asking me to buy into real money games with play money and freezing everything up in doing so is ridiculous. If they can't find any other solution then they should suspend play money games so that this option doesn't exist. I sent a list of the endless bugs in the last update and got a "We are working around the clock" reply. I hate to see all of this potential lost because of not being able to fix major bugs that make the software borderline unplayable. I can't imagine how many more games there would be if players didn't give up on the software isues.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The software has been crashing more lately and now if the software crashes you always lose your seat because when the software relaunches after crashing and the old tables pop up it will crash and you have to start over again.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah :{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{