Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2007, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Lifestyle question

I need to get my life into gear in terms of working out and what/not. But, with that said.

I have no schedule. I do what I want when I want.

That means that I have days where I play 8-9 hours of poker and days I play 0.

I have gotten the swings so they don't affect my life as much, but it's still a small issue in extreme cases.

Actually, I actually just got off of having probably the worst two days buy-in wise of my life. I think I'm playing well and just running shittily. Ph1ledingue did me proper. I was pissed, but as I've posted, my girlfriend plays as well and is understanding to the less-than-optimal mood I'm in. She's kind of a big deal. I'm taking a few days off. (and moving. [censored]!)

I constantly "wake up early" to meet working friends for lunch around 11:30 or 12. I'm a zombie at that point.

I have a ton of "me" time and I don't think I would want it any other way. I never let poker come in the way of doing something else for the most part. Ive been playing for a long time but more seriously for about 11 months now, and I just got bored for the first time a few days ago when I didn't feel like playing after getting demolished.

Life is good, but I do think that I'm missing out on the social aspects of having a real job. With that said, I'm very happy with my hobbies, friends and my girlfriend. If I didn't have all of those, then things might be a little different. I have this feeling that for some people those key things aren't there.

People envy me for my schedule and monies made, but I still feel kinda underutilized and am in a desperate hunt to get better and move up. If poker were to end tomorrow I would go into a state of depression for not utilizing my talents to the utmost and reaping more monies.

I am not unhealthy by any means. I eat (fairly) well and I work out on occasion. I stayed in school and graduated with a fairly decent GPA in a good program, so I figure that if/when poker ends I shouldn't have that hard of a time finding a position.

Getting back to your quesitons:
I volcano vaporize 4-5 days a week as well. And I drink with friends 1-2 days a week.
I don't let poker get in the way of friends, etc, and I cannot play for more than 3-4 hours at a time w/o a break. 30min-1hr and I'm fresh if I was winning in the session before.