Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2007, 08:43 PM

Default Re: Help me pick out an HDTV BBV.

I havent read the whole thread, but I just got the new Sony Bravia and it is pretty solid, great HD, lots of inputs, video games look great. The 40"er was around 2800, which i realize is a little bit out of you pricerange, but it's worth it imo.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm telling you guys, Sharp Aquos, 46" or 52". Hands down, beats Samsung.

[/ QUOTE ]

My friend offered me the 1080p 52" Aquos for $1800, but I just bought a plasma.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me thinks mistake. LCD > Plasma

[/ QUOTE ]

Definately, LCD is outpacing plasma right now, however plasma's are cheaper as a result...
Old 04-23-2007, 09:55 PM

Whatever tv you buy purchase any cables you need at www.monoprice.com Super cheap cables.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
phillips ambilight

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone own one of these and have an opinion on it?

[/ QUOTE ]

i got a 50 inch for exactly 2 grand. as long as you buy all of the nice cables the HD is sweet. and it fills the room with pretty colored light.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you paid more than $20 for an HDMI cable, you got robbed.

[/ QUOTE ]

u know, i still don't know how I feel about this. some of my friends agree with you, but i have seen a low grade HD signal and it's not pretty. but i've never seen the picture thru a cheap HDMI cable. maybe i'll go out and buy a $20 cable and switch them out today just to see if you are right. i will let you know.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
phillips ambilight

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i got a 50 inch for exactly 2 grand. as long as you buy all of the nice cables the HD is sweet. and it fills the room with pretty colored light.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

u know, i still don't know how I feel about this. some of my friends agree with you, but i have seen a low grade HD signal and it's not pretty. but i've never seen the picture thru a cheap HDMI cable. maybe i'll go out and buy a $20 cable and switch them out today just to see if you are right. i will let you know.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I probably overpay, but I refuse to believe the shielding is as good on those [censored] HDMI cables. I have a hard time footing the bill for Monster, but I usually will buy Acoustic Research or something(like half the retail price of Monster).
Old 04-24-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I know I probably overpay, but I refuse to believe the shielding is as good on those [censored] HDMI cables. I have a hard time footing the bill for Monster, but I usually will buy Acoustic Research or something(like half the retail price of Monster).

[/ QUOTE ]

Buy the cheap cable, you're never notice the difference with HMDI or DVI as their signals are less susceptible to RF vs an analog cable. The only time I would spring for the more expensive cable is if I had a really long run between the TV and whatever is feeding it and I'd buy the cable with the least amount of impedance.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
phillips ambilight

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Check these links out. I bought my HDMI cables at the Apple Store for $20 a pop, and they're awesome.

Don't

be a

sucker!!!!!
Old 04-24-2007, 12:29 PM

Fujitsu
Old 04-24-2007, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

monoprice is supposed to have cheap quality cables. i haven't tried them myself but the freaks at avsforum seem to like them.