Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2007, 09:24 AM

Default Re: Doyle on losing the passion

doyle needs to give up and let go on life let alone poker, he's [censored] at that too.

hogging the limelight at his age
Old 04-24-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I see this more as Doyle using a very high profile event to push his agenda, and thats just a cover. Not that i'm complaining about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doyle originally told me about this and I passed it on the the PokerNews people. They then approached him to ask about it. I can see where you're coming from, but it's not the case here, especially since in telling poker fans he's just preaching to the choir.

Also, to clear up the apparent understanding, Doyle did play yesterday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doyle also told this to Shana Hiatt at the NBC Heads-Up championship, an event that was taped 6 weeks ago. The interview aired on NBC this past Sunday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, John Caldwell and I were in teh room at the Bellagio and Doyle say it to Shana on Heads Up, and John told me he was going to tell Tiff to ask about it. I'm sure once it was out there, it was pretty much talked about all over the tournament floor, so I'm sure John and Tiff probably heard it from a few different people, including Gary.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:29 PM

I love how Doyle plays the victim.

Does anyone else think that WPT floater put unnecessary political scrutiny on the entire industry--as if there weren't enough already.

This guy gets way too much respect I think.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:52 PM

Doyle's crocodile tears did not impress me. Lost the fire is code for recent developments with poker are costing me a lot of cash. Excuse me if I don't weep for Mr. Brunson tonight. All the "pros" that got into bed with poker sites knew the risk.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:09 PM

I dont get why people think that he is crying because of the lost money from the site. I want and do believe that he love poker and is annoyed that the game got back-stabbed by the government..
Old 04-24-2007, 11:42 PM

I dont get why people think that he is crying because of the lost money from the site. I want and do believe that he love poker and is annoyed that the game got back-stabbed by the government..

Unquestionably. For the magnanimous Doyle Brunson, I'm sure wealth and material accoutrements have always taken a backseat to the virtue and sanctity of online poker.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Doyle has gone from poker being completely Illegal and looked down upon to being completely acceptable for quite a while now, and now all of a sudden poker is back to being almost illeagal/ is illeagal in some states and is under attack Federally.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is very much as likely as him being sad about "losing money from the site." I can't imagine Doyle is really hurting that bad from the amount of money he's lost at Doyle's Room. I think he's pretty well off. Not sure why the quoted isn't as much a possibility, but it seems like 2+2 thinks it is an act.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:40 PM

"The Girl's" name is Tiffany Michelle (HELLO) and Bill is a friend of mine and one of the sweetest guys and poker players I've ever met... he had a heart of gold!!! If I looked uninterested it was because the players only had a few minutes left on break before they had to get back to their table and I was trying to keep my eye on the clock so I didn't make him late!

As for his credentials, Bill Chen is one of the most brilliant and insanely talented poker players out there. He's had an amazing year and some awesome opportunities since his breakout performance at last year's WSOP when no one even knew his name. That was the only point.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"The Girl's" name is Tiffany Michelle (HELLO) and Bill is a friend of mine and one of the sweetest guys and poker players I've ever met... he had a heart of gold!!! If I looked uninterested it was because the players only had a few minutes left on break before they had to get back to their table and I was trying to keep my eye on the clock so I didn't make him late!

As for his credentials, Bill Chen is one of the most brilliant and insanely talented poker players out there. He's had an amazing year and some awesome opportunities since his breakout performance at last year's WSOP when no one even knew his name. That was the only point.

[/ QUOTE ]

pics?