Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2007, 01:53 PM

Default Re: Doyle on losing the passion

[ QUOTE ]
I see this more as Doyle using a very high profile event to push his agenda, and thats just a cover. Not that i'm complaining about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doyle originally told me about this and I passed it on the the PokerNews people. They then approached him to ask about it. I can see where you're coming from, but it's not the case here, especially since in telling poker fans he's just preaching to the choir.

Also, to clear up the apparent understanding, Doyle did play yesterday.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:38 PM

To me it just came off like he was very distraught by the legislation, which I think nearly every poker player was. It was (and still is) pretty difficult for all poker players to not feel upset about the UIGEA. I think Doyle is probably just disheartned that the game he loves has been hurt so badly by it.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Doyle is probably just disheartned that the big fat wedge he made from Doyle's Room has been hurt so badly by it.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I see this more as Doyle using a very high profile event to push his agenda, and thats just a cover. Not that i'm complaining about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doyle originally told me about this and I passed it on the the PokerNews people. They then approached him to ask about it. I can see where you're coming from, but it's not the case here, especially since in telling poker fans he's just preaching to the choir.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doyle also told this to Shana Hiatt at the NBC Heads-Up championship, an event that was taped 6 weeks ago. The interview aired on NBC this past Sunday.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doyle also told this to Shana Hiatt at the NBC Heads-Up championship, an event that was taped 6 weeks ago. The interview aired on NBC this past Sunday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry if I mis-stated. Just meant I asked Doyle then told PN about the conversation.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sad

also, bill chen's head shakes a lot

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not exactly a social butterfly but wow that interview was awkward.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:15 AM

the girl was completely unprofessional during that interview with bill.

i understand bill isn't the prettiest poker player alive, however as an interviewer you should at least look pleasant while asking questions. afterall it is the player that is giving his time during his break for you. compare the interview with antonious and bill and tell me she doesnt look repelled during one of the interviews.

also, she talked as if bill was some poker nobody who needed the tournament wins at wsop to attend this event. note: do some research before going on broadcast about your subject.

edit: sorry for the hijack
Old 04-24-2007, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Doyle is probably just disheartned that the big fat wedge he made from Doyle's Room has been hurt so badly by it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, but I highly doubt Doyle hurts for money. Is it possible that he just spent a lot of time promoting the site/working with people to make it a success and is unhappy?
Old 04-24-2007, 02:11 AM

Doyle has gone from poker being completely Illegal and looked down upon to being completely acceptable for quite a while now, and now all of a sudden poker is back to being almost illeagal/ is illeagal in some states and is under attack Federally. Id be like and AM like WTF now.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:21 AM

but how much (passion) did he lose?