Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2007, 09:30 PM

Default Canterbury Park

Anybody play the shootouts or some of the other tournaments at Canterbury? If so, how are they?
Old 04-23-2007, 09:38 PM

Default Re: Canterbury Park

NLHE tourney are solid. Typical mix of good bad and ugly play. On average, stronger tournies here than in the area.

Do you mean the Sunday a.m. shoot out? If so, drive to your favorite breakfast spot, eat up, slam you hand in your cardoor a few times, go buy a lotto ticket, then rip it up... huh? ya you'll have more fun doing that than the luckbox shootout "tourney" - it's basically and all in fest the last hand of the first round.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:46 PM

Haha I can see how the Sunday one could be that bad. I was talking about the Monday a.m. 50+12, although I can imagine play probably isn't much better, but at least there isn't a time limit
Old 04-23-2007, 10:09 PM

oh, right... casually watched it a little while back... a buddy was playing, got no cards, play was marginal at best he said...too many calling stations in his game - i would guess the typical CP I've got an Ace plays...
Old 04-24-2007, 07:52 AM

Yeah I was there this last Sunday morning after playing all night with a buddy and he saw the sign for the tourney and we absolutely had to stay for it cuz it was only 12 bucks. So I say sure we sign up get our breakfast and talk to a couple guys that have played before and basically got the heads up about the last 2 hands. Yeah what a waste of time and I will never play in this luckfest tourney again. Basically I was outplaying the table and scooping small pots and built up a nice stack to around 2k before the last two hands happened. The last hand was capped every round by every player and I didn't even bother looking at my cards and to my disappointment my "lottery tickets" were losers.

I am curious about the Monday shootout? It's in the morning so is it your usual morning rocky old geezers playing? How is the blind structure/ chips, etc? Since it is the morning I can't imagine it drawing a lot of entries but I could be wrong.