Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2007, 07:58 PM

Default ATo in blinds v raise: final table what to do?

Hi all,

I am still green in tournamnents so when this cropped up in a low buy-in, on-line event, I was not sure of the best way to handle it.

I am in BB at the final table and the CO makes a (min) 2xBB OR. I am 6th in chips with 10 left; I have about 11BB and an M of about 6 and the CO is about 2x mine. The chip leader is just over 3x my stack.

I saw the raiser for a while at a previous table and my suspicion from seeing some of his play is that he is not expert and a little unpredictable. Of course I could be wrong.

I believed it was likely that I was ahead of his range with ATo and I had 4 alternatives in mind:-

a) Fold and wait for an opportunity to be the aggressor since at the final table we have bubble after bubble and "on the bubble" I would always prefer to be the first one in the pot.

b) Re-raise all in. He would be facing about a 9BB raise in a pot that was about 5BB before my raise so he gets 14:9 or just over 1.5:1. If he calls and loses, we swap places.

c) Call and push any flop. I think he will call with any pair preflop so the stop n go may be my best chance to fold out 2 unmatched cards, if he is intending to call preflop with those. The Stop n Go prevents me being sucked out on turn and river by hands that would call my re-raise. Heck, I could even fold out AK on a rag card flop :-)

d) Call the min- raise and just see a flop, being prepared to check/fold if I miss, losing only 1BB by the call and still being in decent shape.

Which is best? What would you do?

Thanks all

Trevor
Old 04-23-2007, 08:09 PM

Default Re: ATo in blinds v raise: final table what to do?

I like the stop and go if there are no antes, the push if there is.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:51 AM

Default Re: ATo in blinds v raise: final table what to do?

Any other thoughts on this please?

I am curious as to the merits of each possible decision.

Thanks

Trevor