Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2007, 08:47 AM

Default Problem with wsop pre-registration url

I've had the good fortune to qualify for the WSOP this year [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], but having a major headache with pre-registration.

I filled in and completed the pre-registration form on www.worldseriesofpoker.com and unfortunately here's where the headaches have begun. They have sent a url where I'm meant to be able to retrieve my pre-registration form. Unfortunately the URL doesn't work. I'm pretty sure I know why, I live in the UK and UK post(zip) codes have a space in them, whereas US zip codes don't of course, and it looks like the web developer(s) have just assumed therefore that all post codes worldwide don't have a space!!

The automated url has a space in it, and of course urls cannot have a space,I've tried a few different variations of the url, including removing the space and nothing works.

I can't reply to the email as the email address is do_not_reply@WorldSeriesOfPoker.com. The phone number I have to ring is just an automated response, I've left a message but they haven't got back to me.

I've tried to find a contact email address on the WorldSeriesOfPoker.com site but this takes me to the organisers site Harrah's, where I need to be a member to sign up, if I call into any Harrah's branch I can become a member, eh yeah, that's just great, don't think i'm flying out from UK to just sign up for Harrah's membership!

Very frustrated with this, anyone have any ideas of solving this, has this happened to anyone else.
Old 04-22-2007, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Problem with wsop pre-registration url

Yeah, it doesnt work at all. Doesnt work in the US either. Call them during the day and they will help you out.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:37 PM

Thanks renodoc,
Well at least it's a known problem and not just happening to me. Ihave tried ringing them over the weekend a few times, no joy, hopefully I'll get through during the week.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:08 PM

baz, why don't we try to work this problem from both ends of the stick....the hosting service for the pre-regis FAQ page is a UK company. SUggest u contact them & ask that the admin pass on your complaint that the pre-regis url page u r trying to access doesn't work, and their overall customer service is lacking

TWI INTERACTIVE LTD
One Burlington Lane
LONDON W4 2TH
UK

Domain Name: TWIIHOSTING.NET

Administrative Contact:
TWI Interactive ltd administration.dns@TWII.NET
TWI House, 23 Eyot Gardens
London, UK W6 9TR
UK
+44 208 233 7615 fax: +44 208 233 5401

Technical Contact:
TWI Interactive ltd technical.dns@TWII.NET
TWI House, 23 Eyot Gardens
London, UK W6 9TR
UK
+44 208 233 7615 fax: +44 208 233 5401

I'll contact the US preregis site admin (Harrahs, not Twii) & do the same...I have a different issue...I have not as yet received the payment confirmation e-mail after 5 or so weeks of having sent thema cashiers check, and same problem as you...no call back after having left them voice mails..

I'll also contact my Rio player host & complain also

Cheers & GL

Old 04-23-2007, 08:52 AM

hi pacecar, not sure if there's much point in contacting the hosting service, I can see that being a right headache, being passed from pillar to post etc etc and end up getting nowhere and I'm frustrated enough with this as is.

However I fully agree with you that it appears to be a big mess-up, my wife said it was just so complacent of them to have a do-not-reply email address, as if they assume there was going to be no problems.

I qualified via partypoker and they have got back to me sayin they have received numerous emails about this and they're looking for direction from Harrah's on how to resolve the issue.

Hopefully both our issues will get resolved in the end.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:01 PM

I pre-registered over the weekend and the link in my confirmation e-mail didn't work either. I just called them and they said it was working but I tried again and it wasn't. They tried to tell me that it was something on my end but I told them I didn't think so and that it appears many people are having this problem.

I've already wired the money but when I mentioned that to the girl on the phone she said that I was supposed to send payment WITH the pre-registration form. I told her that's not what the directions online say...the directions say to wire the money (using the bank/routing info provided in the confirmation e-mail) and then fax the pre-registration form and wire transfer confirmation. But you can't print the pre-registration form because the link doesn't work.

In the end she said she was "turning it over to Danielle" and that they would call me back.

Sofa King smooth.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They tried to tell me that it was something on my end

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, a classic fob-off.

Evidently it's a widespread problem then, hopefully it should get sorted out eventually.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:10 PM

I got a borked URL when I tried it on Thursday (Canadian postal codes have spaces). When I called the office this morning (they wouldn't talk to my wife on Friday morning when I asked for a callback ... I was at work), they said they weren't having any problems. They turned me over to Daniel (Vogel), who sent me a blank pre-registration form directly to my registered email address.

Of course, I had to write everything in by hand. (Two minutes of my life wasted! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

In your situation, I'd give them a call at +1 702 777 6777 during their business hours (9 am - 5 pm).
Old 04-23-2007, 06:32 PM

Yes I had the same problem with a UK postcode having a space. I also rang and they took my email address and said they would pass it to Daniel. Hopefully I'll also get sent a form.