Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2007, 05:39 PM

Default Re: So OOT I think I want adderall

Did you ask this question here cause no one gave you the answers you wanted at CardRunners?
Old 04-23-2007, 05:53 PM

i used to use adderall for poker. i would routinely play 5K hand sessions. but then i started to get addicted and i was taking a lot of adderall and i was not sleeping and not eating and it was messing with my head so about two months ago i decided to quit. near the end of it all when i was pulling 2-3 day benders and taking addy a lot i started to not even feel like a person, it was like i was a robot or something. a robot powered on adderall of course

im really glad i stopped taking it. i feel so much better. but thats just me. exercise and eating well is much more effective than taking an amphetamine.

does anybody else feel like adderall is this huge epidemic that the media doesnt really know about yet? i mean, im in college and it seems like EVERYONE takes adderall at some point. just seems weird that it's not talked about more whenever drugs are discussed in the media
Old 04-23-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is it bad to only sleep 5 hours a night if you feel fine?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well not getting enough sleep leads to a lot of other issues that I don't really want to worry about.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:12 PM

So, a mini trip report on modafinil (200mg dose):

The first time I took it, I was expecting something like the other amphetamines I've tried in the past - dexedrine, sibutramine, phentermine, ephedrine, and so forth. However, I didn't feel a damn thing. wtf, this stuff sucks. However, after doing more reading on it, I realized that I shouldn't feel anything out of the ordinary.

So, I took it again on Sunday and went to a Magic: The Gathering tournament (yeah yeah, shut up). Normally I play about 3 rounds and want to die because I simply can't keep up the mental level of competence required to play, but this time was different - I was sharp throughout the whole day, and didn't suffer from "brain drain" as I usually do after playing a full day of poker or other competitive game that requires significant strategy.

I will probably start using it again, since I have about 80 tabs sitting around. I change my vote to "recommend."