Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2007, 11:16 PM

Default Re: Turn semibluff crai

If Villain is 24/11 here and can continuation bet a blank turn on this dry board, why are you risking 1.2x buy ins on a semi-bluff? How about check folding turn and waiting for a better spot? Like others said, a 9 craves value and would check value raise, not over-shove. This play may have worked here but in the long run is -ev. Plus you have to take into account your hands equity if you do get called here...Just not profitable.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:41 AM

Why can't villain just have a set or a 9 himself? I dont think players will try to push you off what looks to be a low pocket without a scare card very often, and I think a big pocket pair will check behind a good amount of the time fearing that check-raise.

This play can work sometimes against a constant 2-barreler but in general its just a spew.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why can't villain just have a set or a 9 himself? I dont think players will try to push you off what looks to be a low pocket without a scare card very often, and I think a big pocket pair will check behind a good amount of the time fearing that check-raise.

This play can work sometimes against a constant 2-barreler but in general its just a spew.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT