Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2007, 03:39 AM

Default 2/5 NL live, TT turn push

Been playing with Villian for about 6 hours, straight forward player that would bet pairs and check call draws on the flop, nothing fancy. Hit a little card rush but had been quiet since. My table image is young solid player who isn't too one way or the other, friendly towards all at the table. I had gone card dead for awhile but hit a rush last while and had been involved in a fair share of pots. I had folded AK and AQ suited multiple times face up to people who showed aces or kings, so my table image pf is prolly pretty tight.

Hand:
Villian, playing about 600 limps UTG, all fold to CO+2 who limps, fold to me on button. Raise to 20 (4 times) with TT. Blinds fold, villian calls, CO+2 calls. Flop 7-4-2 all offsuit. Check, check, I pot bet it for 65, villian calls, CO+2 thinks for a bit, folds. Turn comes 7, villian checks I bet all in for about 210, villian calls. I will post results in a bit.

Thoughts on my line? Do you need to know the end right away or what
Old 04-23-2007, 03:52 AM

Default Re: 2/5 NL live, TT turn push

Why are you folding stuff faceup?

I am not potting flop, I don't see a reason for that. I also don't see a reason for a turn overpushshove unless it's very multi-level.

I think you are partially turning a hand with a good showdown value into a bluff and against straightforward villains you are getting called only by things that crush you.

I don't really mind getting it AI with TT overpair with 60BB effective stacks in a live game but I don't like the way you did that.

Results come afterwards, don't post them until you get responses.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:08 AM

I only folded AK and AQ face up cos the guy showed me aces both time. It was a friendly table and guys weren't paying much attention to that stuff anyways. My intention was to get people to respect my play as I was the youngest by about 16 years at the table.

Sooo why do I not pot flop if villain is a check draw player, and what do you mean by very multi level
Old 04-23-2007, 04:15 AM

I don't think the flop is drawy enough in order to pot it.

Very multi-level = "if I pot this dry flop he will think I am cbetting a big Ace and if I go allin on the turn he will be sure of that"... not likely from a straightforward villain.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:59 AM

Raise more p/f, as Juu said bet less on flop - I make it around $45. And turn shove is horrible IMO, I either check behind or bet around $100
Old 04-23-2007, 11:58 AM

This is classic pot-control situation...check turn and bet 100 on any river if checked to and call only a weak bet from him. He has like 78 or A7 or 44 here very very often.

The pot bet on the flop is fine, you're often way ahead since passive players will call any flop bet on a raggy board with toppair or a small pair, hell even 55, 66.

Bad push.
Don't fold face up.
--GA
Old 04-23-2007, 12:29 PM

As others have said, the push is pretty bad against a straight forward villian. I don't know why you want people to respect your play, whenever I go to a cardroom I like to play to the fact that I'm in college and think I'm better than everybody. They pigeonhole me for an over aggro donk (hopefully) and then I get a license to stack off with tptk (usually). Thus, I agree with Georgia, don't show folds.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:01 PM

Flop os fine, but I check turn and either call or vbet most rivers.