Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2007, 11:42 PM

Default Re: Pizza place in a town of 500.

I have to agree with this. You need a big azz pizza oven. I like the ones where you put the uncooked pizza on one end and it comes out finished on the other. Donato's Pizza have these ovens. Fix em as the orders come in and deliver once they come out of the oven. Fountain cokes are nice and cheap but you would have to have enough space for the big tanks of soda and CO2. My suggestion would be go with two liter bottles and charge 1.69 for them.

Now I know nothing of selling pizzas, never done it and more than likely never will. But I like to eat pizza (if anyone has ever seen me in person they would know that I like to eat...look at my waist line.) Also I prefer mom and pop shops over anything Domino's; Papa John's; Jack's or Pizza Hut puts out. Of chain pizza places I like Pizza King the best. Only one mom and pop shop here in North FOrt Myers is called Pizzarific. Good stuff and cheap. They also use the oven like I am talking about. Okay I am rambling on in my VO and Coke stupor.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:28 AM

Did you grow up in a town of 500?
Old 04-23-2007, 01:56 AM

Why are you posting under two different accounts?
Old 04-23-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on emon, didn't you read Evan's post in the other thread... if you want to talk about accounts take it to ATF... we are having serious business discussion here about reselling frozen pizzas in small towns... stay on topic...

If he gets this right, he can corner the market, well at least in his town.

IRYH... maybe its time for a marketing survey... to gauge interest from your target market.

Old 04-23-2007, 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on emon, didn't you read Evan's post in the other thread... if you want to talk about accounts take it to ATF... we are having serious business discussion here about reselling frozen pizzas in small towns... stay on topic...

IRYH... maybe its time for a marketing survey... to gauge interest from your target market.

[/ QUOTE ]
It took all the self restraint I had not to lock the entire forum when I saw a post about delivering frozen people to a town with fewer people than my apartment building.

Seriously, irule got temp banned for reasons not relevant to this thread. He'll be back in less than 2 days provided he can stop making new accounts (or make better ones so that 4 year olds wouldn't recognize them).
Old 04-23-2007, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It took all the self restraint I had not to lock the entire forum when I saw a post about delivering frozen people to a town with fewer people than my apartment building.

Seriously, irule got temp banned for reasons not relevant to this thread. He'll be back in less than 2 days provided he can stop making new accounts (or make better ones so that 4 year olds wouldn't recognize them).

[/ QUOTE ]

Evan, know thy customer... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

ps... "delivering frozen people", would be an entirely different business... being a NYer, you might also be familiar with it... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-23-2007, 03:53 AM

lock the whole forum lmao... but on a serious note... OP did state that it was only for extra cash on the weekends... not a job worth quiting his day job. Maybe he is just bored on the weekends? I think you mods need some hobbies.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Evan, know thy customer... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

ps... "delivering frozen people", would be an entirely different business... being a NYer, you might also be familiar with it... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what "know thy customer" means here. Do you actually think his "plan" sounds even remotely plausible?

As far as frozen people, I think that was some kind of subconscious effort to make this topic more reasonable.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:25 AM

1 in 500 is not great but plausable. I have alot of experience in food service. You'll need NSF Stainless to work off. Proper air circulation, and cooling/freezing units to start. Heat bags to deliver your pizzas in. Who is building the pies while the 20 minute deliveries are being made? How many pizzas do you plan to make per hour? As mentioned, target market? Although I wouldn't take on such a venture I'll entertain the idea and offer suggestions.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1 in 500 is not great but plausable. I have alot of experience in food service.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have no experience in the food service industry but I really don't believe that delivering frozen pizzas in a town with 500 people is plausible.

[ QUOTE ]
target market?

[/ QUOTE ]
There's 1,000 people in a 5 mile (maybe more, its hard to tell) radius, his target market is EVERYONE.