Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2007, 08:14 PM

Default My Winrate This Year: As Graph

I know graphs are for BBV, but this is for opening a discussion on swings/winrate post UIGEA.

1) How has your winrate been impacted post UIGEA?

2) What's your biggest "downswing" this year and is it a function of the raising/lowering of your winrate due to changed gaming conditions?

3) How has UIGEA affected your ability to play the number of hands you like to play per month?

Old 04-22-2007, 08:15 PM

Default Re: My Winrate This Year: As Graph

1) Dropped

2) Almost 400BB, Im knee deep in it now [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

3) I'm behind schedule by something like 10%
Old 04-22-2007, 08:22 PM

(1) It is very probably down; my best estimate is down about 33%, all else being equal.

(2) 200BB - not so bad.

(3) No, but I'll drop a limit or several if I can't find anything good where I want to play. Also, I play lower on average than I did last year.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:42 PM

so you are up like half a million or more $$?
Old 04-22-2007, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(3) No, but I'll drop a limit or several if I can't find anything good where I want to play. Also, I play lower on average than I did last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I too have used this tactic. But there comes a point that I simply don't want to "waste my time" with stakes say 1/8th or less than my "normal" game. Does this bother others? It certainly bothers me, and I suck it up for the most part, but I also feel that I don't play optimally in such situations due to boredom/having to play a different style that I'm out of practice with at lower stakes/etc.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I too have used this tactic. But there comes a point that I simply don't want to "waste my time" with stakes say 1/8th or less than my "normal" game. Does this bother others? It certainly bothers me, and I suck it up for the most part, but I also feel that I don't play optimally in such situations due to boredom/having to play a different style that I'm out of practice with at lower stakes/etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

my sentiments exactly.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:16 PM

It's been a long year. This is pretty much all 5/10-10/20, and it's on the heels of getting my ass kicked in December at 30/60 and a bit at 50/100. It was really just one bad day that made me realize I had moved up a bit too quickly, but that was all it took. Between December and this stretch, it's been ~900BBs top to bottom, but I'm not really sure how much of the loss is due to various forms of tilt.

Since then, I've been running pretty atrociously, but I haven't been playing that great either. I think I'm finally starting to get my game and confidence back, but I just haven't felt like playing at all this year. Thankfully, I'm up a bit for the year due to rakeback.

To answer your questions:
1) For better or worse, I was only playing up to 2/4 or so during the "heyday" of poker, so I can't really commiserate with those who remember what 10/20+ was like back then. Because of that, I don't know that my winrate has been affected to a serious degree. But, I honestly don't know.

2) See graph above. While I would like to believe it's due to a bad run exacerbated by poor play, I really can't say definitively. It's absolutely possible it's because I'm over-estimating my actual win-rate. I really don't feel I can comfortably answer "yes" or "no."

3) It hasn't. I've never been able to get in a lot of hands.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:26 PM

yayyyy for max bet. screw you min bet. i dno i been trying to post more on this forum so thought i would share my NL stuff. this is 5-10 NL to 500-1k NL. yes im aware i move around in stakes a lot, i invest a lot of my money so try not to keep lots online, i end up running my roll up a lot starting with 5-10 or 10-20.

1) i feel like my winrate has dropped of significantly since the party days. the NL 6max games even at the 5-10 and 10-20 levels are very tough these days, and probably 80% of the money i make is from HU now.

2) biggest downswing was around 100k, i dont generally play super high, but i was full stacking 100-200 and 200-400 and lost a couple buyins. i dont really have a problem dropping down to rebuild, but it still hurt. i generally dont have very large swings in terms of buyins though, the graph i have is in terms of PTBB, so the most buyins i lost was around 14? somethin like that.

3) i dont think UIGEA has had TOO much of a negative effect on the number of hours i play.. games ARE a bit tougher though, and if they were easier i would probably put in twice the hours. as is, i end up waiting around to play silly regulars HU, so i waste a lot of time watching discovery channel and learning how to play limit <3.