Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2007, 11:49 AM

Default What could I do differently?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB (t2660)
UTG (t1875)
Hero (t1065)
CO (t1085)
Button (t5375)
SB (t1440)

The BB was very aggressive throughout and had come in with all sorts. I think it was a little loose limping with a weak hand PF but post flop I felt he was just drawing to something bigger. I had trouble getting a read on him as he tended to not showdown going all in to prevent showing his cards. I dont think he could have me on an ace as I didnt raise pre-flop. Its also micro-limits if that helps.

Preflop: Hero is MP with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t60</font>, SB calls t45, BB calls t30, Hero calls t30.

Flop: (t240) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets t30</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t210</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls t180.

Turn: (t660) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t150</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t795</font>, BB calls t645.

River: (t2250) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t2250

Appreciate your comments.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:48 PM

Default Re: What could I do differently?

I'm folding that small one gapper pre flop in middle position.

As played: I like your flop raise fine.

Villain makes a pretty strong donk bet on the turn. He played it wrong (IMO) which may have confused you? What would you have done if had check raised the turn, as he probably should have, instead of donking it? IMO either play by villain makes me think he hit the straight, ( I suppose a set of 2's is also possible) so I think we should just call the turn behind with 4 outs to the FH. (A fold isn't awful either) The hard question you should ask yourself is what did you think he might have that he would bet out on the turn with; after he only called your flop raise? Are there any probable hands you beat that he might have done this with. Are there any probable hands you don't beat that he might have done this with? What did you expect to gain with your raise. Did you think he would fold? Did you think you were ahead? If so ahead of what?
Old 04-22-2007, 06:14 PM

Default Re: What could I do differently?

I still thought I was ahead on the turn his bet I thought was a probe bet to see where he was but still I felt he was drawing a little. I think he called the flop because he knew he was behind but he had outs and he had me well-covered. Plus he may figure that I was making a move with a weak ace as alot of players do on low flops in micro limits.

I think your suggestion calling the turn is a good play. I could still fold the flop and have 20 BB ish and push people off pots. Too busy thinking of the now. Food for thought. Cheers.